none
VPN Gateway RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Team,

I just wanted to check on how many VPN gateways be added to an VNET on Azure. Suppose i want to setup connections from my Azure VNET to multiple On-Premise or other VNET sites on Azure possibly on different account/Subscription:

1. Scenario 1: If choose to just add more sites to my VPN how many VPN sites can be added?

2. Scenario 2: If choose to add multiple VPN gateways is this possible on Azure? If yes how many? and what are the limitations under such scenarios?

Additionally share some documentation with best practices on best practices for Azure P2S, P2P and S2S connections what all connection support scenario 1 or 2.

Regards,

Sunday, April 1, 2018 11:42 AM

All replies

• Scenario 1: If choose to just add more sites to my VPN how many VPN sites can be added?

You can connect multiple on-premises sites to a single virtual network, but only through the same gateway (see here). Creating a multi-site connection to your Azure virtual network gateway is similar to creating other Site-to-Site connections. you can use an existing Azure VPN gateway, as long as the gateway is route based.

Scenario 2: If choose to add multiple VPN gateways is this possible on Azure? If yes how many? and what are the limitations under such scenarios?

Yes, it is possible to add multiple VPN gateways in azure that depends up on gateway type. But, you can't have multiple gateways on a single VNET. This is true currently both in Classic and ARM deployments. You can check the Vpn gateway limitationsand Gateway Skus

Refer the documentation for point-to-siteand site-to-site

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members

Sunday, April 1, 2018 3:08 PM