Can a same bookmark be created again inside the workflow application 4.5? RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

In my scenario, I send an email to the customer and create a bookmark say "emailsentbookmark" to wait if email is bounced or sent successfully. 

If email is bounced, we have an option to resend the email again. For this, I resume the bookmark and I resend the email from UI. Inside my workflow, I take the flow to sending email activity which is used initially to send the email.

Now I'm problem is, can the bookmark with the same name "emailsentbookmark" be created again? This is like a recursive activity in my scenario.

Thursday, November 21, 2013 1:13 PM

Answers

• Hi PappiG

"can the bookmark with the same name "emailsentbookmark" be created again? "

I think you can do it. As this discussion mentioned, generally there are two options. 

1. Use an extension - child activities that are aware of the extension can get it and read data from it.
    2. Use a Scope Activity that sets an Execution Property - see Execution Properties Sample.

At the same time there is a good example for you to complete recursion activity for WorkFlow,

hope it helps,

Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Tuesday, December 3, 2013 1:44 AM
    Friday, November 22, 2013 8:26 AM

All replies

• Hi PappiG

"can the bookmark with the same name "emailsentbookmark" be created again? "

I think you can do it. As this discussion mentioned, generally there are two options. 

1. Use an extension - child activities that are aware of the extension can get it and read data from it.
    2. Use a Scope Activity that sets an Execution Property - see Execution Properties Sample.

At the same time there is a good example for you to complete recursion activity for WorkFlow,

hope it helps,

Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Tuesday, December 3, 2013 1:44 AM
    Friday, November 22, 2013 8:26 AM
  • Thanks for the reply. 

Let me try to explore the options.

Monday, November 25, 2013 4:56 AM