none
[uwp][updated for 10581][deployment]Deployment fails on phone build 10572

Question

• I just updated my 830 to build 10572 and now notice that I am unable to deploy UWP apps to the phone.  When I try, I get the following error:

2>*** Start of logging from deployment agent ***
    2>TailoredDeploy.exe /debug /xml GetLayoutState PackageName:VS.Debug_ARM.PublisherId GetInstalledFrameworks
    2>Follow the phone setting
    2>Phone setting says apps to be installed to internal storage
    2>layout root folder: C:\SharedData\PhoneTools\AppxLayouts
    2>caught exception ImmersiveDeployException
    2>
    2>*** End of logging from deployment agent ***
    2>Error : DEP4100 : The folder "C:\SharedData\PhoneTools\AppxLayouts\PackageNameVS.Debug_ARM.username" could not be created.
    2>Access to the path 'C:\SharedData\PhoneTools\AppxLayouts\D50536CD.PackageNameVS.Debug_ARM.username' is denied.

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 6:01 PM

Answers

• The basic underlying problem is fixed, but if you're in the bad state already it may take some finagling to get out. Details are being looked into and we'll get docs up as soon as we have them nailed down.

Here are a few things to try. These all have worked for some people:

Install latest emulators. Take device out of developer mode and back in. Put device in airplane mode before connecting.

(Marking as answer so this is findable in the thread)
    Saturday, October 31, 2015 11:07 PM
    Owner

All replies

• I just updated my 830 to build 10572 and now notice that I am unable to deploy UWP apps to the phone.  When I try, I get the following error:

2>*** Start of logging from deployment agent ***
    2>TailoredDeploy.exe /debug /xml GetLayoutState PackageName:VS.Debug_ARM.PublisherId GetInstalledFrameworks
    2>Follow the phone setting
    2>Phone setting says apps to be installed to internal storage
    2>layout root folder: C:\SharedData\PhoneTools\AppxLayouts
    2>caught exception ImmersiveDeployException
    2>
    2>*** End of logging from deployment agent ***
    2>Error : DEP4100 : The folder "C:\SharedData\PhoneTools\AppxLayouts\PackageNameVS.Debug_ARM.username" could not be created.
    2>Access to the path 'C:\SharedData\PhoneTools\AppxLayouts\D50536CD.PackageNameVS.Debug_ARM.username' is denied.

Since I Updated my 920 to Build 10572 i'm getting a different error:

Error : DEP6100 : The following unexpected error occurred during bootstrapping stage 'Connecting to the device '30F105C9-681E-420b-A277-7C086EAD8A4E'.':
    DeviceException - The data necessary to complete this operation is not yet available.

Error : DEP6200 : Bootstrapping 'Device' failed. Device cannot be found. The data necessary to complete this operation is not yet available.

If I connect a 920 with Phone 8.1 on the same usb port, the app is deployed on the device.

I did not have this problem with the previous Windows Mobile Preview build

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 8:13 PM
  • I have 3 devices - 2 with 10572, one with 10549.

I have the same error as W_Hoek with all 3 devices....

There are also already stackoverflow-entries for this:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33263576/deploy-universal-app-project-in-vs2015

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33252723/universal-app-vs2015-windows-phone-emulator-is-not-running

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 9:21 PM
  • Same problem here with 2 devices running (10.0.10549.4  and 10.0.10572.0) :-/
    Wednesday, October 21, 2015 9:34 PM
  • same issue with 1320

cypripri

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 9:51 PM
  • same for me on 10.0.10572.0

"C:\SharedData\PhoneTools\AppxLayouts\..." could not be created.

JP

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 9:55 PM
  • I just installed the VS update for UWP tools and it seems to have fixed it! The update was released recently (yesterday / 20th October?) 

EDIT: I think it was this one Tools for Universal Windows Apps 1.1.1 (http://blogs.msdn.com/b/visualstudio/archive/2015/10/06/tools-for-apache-cordova-update-3-tools-for-universal-windows-apps-1-1-1-and-visual-studio-emulator-for-android.aspx)

EDIT EDIT: Didn't fix the device running 10.0.10572.0  

:(

• Edited by SonicPeter Wednesday, October 21, 2015 10:09 PM more info.
    Wednesday, October 21, 2015 10:00 PM
  • any solution for this issue ?
    I have latest Tools for Universal Windows Apps

I cannot deploy anymore

thks

JP

Thursday, October 22, 2015 5:45 AM
  • I also have problems deploying to 10572. Before restoring to 8.1 and upgrading to 10572 I was on build 10549.4 which worked for me.

See my Insider Forum link: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_perf/lumia-640-lte-at-10572-no-longer-found-by-visual/5c60c8d0-a07b-4342-9f98-d292299b430d?tm=1445492086016

Thursday, October 22, 2015 5:53 AM
  • Everyone seems to have this problem! Microsoft. Please Note and add to your pre-release test cycle to at least try to deploy an app via VS to any new build you release? otherwise it is completely UNHELPFUL!

You releases must cover every angle... from UI improvements to development cycles... oh and upgrades of those images. Otherwise... well frankly.. for such a big organization it looks a little unprofessional and does little to help onboard android or apple 'converts' to the UWP.

Thursday, October 22, 2015 8:56 AM
  • Yesterday I downgraded my Windows Phone at  build 10549 to Windows 8.1 and back up again to build 10572, but since this down- and upgrade I am no longer able to deploy the Universal Windows app I am building in Visual Studio 2015.

When trying to run the application to ARM > Device, I get the following error message:

Error : DEP6100 : The following unexpected error occurred during bootstrapping stage 'Connecting to the device '30F105C9-681E-420b-A277-7C086EAD8A4E'.': DeviceException - The data necessary to complete this operation is not yet available.

Error : DEP6200 : Bootstrapping 'Device' failed. Device cannot be found. The data necessary to complete this operation is not yet available.

I tried rebooting the phone, my Windows Machine, but that didn't help.

The Windows Device Recovery Tool does detect my phone without problems, so I know that connection is OK. In my settings the Developer Features are set to Developer Mode and both Device Discovery and Device Portal is turned on.

Running my project as Windows app or in an emulator still works as expected.

Might that identifier in my first error message be a reference to my phone with a previous install of Windows 10? Do I need to reset it somewhere?

Anyone encountered this problem as well?

Thursday, October 22, 2015 9:36 AM
  • Since I Updated my 920 to Build 10572 i'm getting a different error:

Error : DEP6100 : The following unexpected error occurred during bootstrapping stage 'Connecting to the device '30F105C9-681E-420b-A277-7C086EAD8A4E'.':
    DeviceException - The data necessary to complete this operation is not yet available.

I did not have this problem with the previous Windows Mobile Preview build

Exactly the same fault here, hope its fixed soon.
    • Edited by RagBuster Thursday, October 22, 2015 9:42 AM edit
    Thursday, October 22, 2015 9:40 AM
  • Same error here on a Lumia 925.

The strange thing tho is that yesterday, right after the update, it worked & I could deploy & debug trough VS.

Today, not. I receive the same error as above. I've already tried soft-resetting the device, developer locking & unlocking the phone, uninstalling the drivers, restarted both the device & the laptop; you get the idea.

Hope this gets fixed asap.

Thursday, October 22, 2015 10:25 AM
  • I have a Nokia 1320 that received build 10572 on Tuesday (20/10/2015) and I have been unable to deploy my application to the device since.  I receive the same error:

Error : DEP4100 : The folder "C:\SharedData\PhoneTools\AppxLayouts\PackageNameVS.Debug_ARM.username" could not be created.
    Access to the path 'C:\SharedData\PhoneTools\AppxLayouts\PackageNameVS.Debug_ARM.username' is denied.

Thursday, October 22, 2015 10:58 AM
  • I had the same problem.

[for Error:DEP4100]

Set it that the new app is installed on the sd card in settings.

settings ->system->storage->New apps will save to : SD Card

in addition...

[for Error : DEP 6100,6200]

1.Install latest sdk (build 10563)

2.Install Latest Emulator (build 10563)  <- important.

https://dev.windows.com/en-us/downloads/windows-10-developer-preview

3.install UWP Tools 1.1.1

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/73f2d56d-9e8e-4b57-bcfa-0a972dfd75d7/update-11-generating-store-associated-package-fails-for-a-uwp-application-with-a-winrt-component?forum=Win10SDKToolsIssues

4.reboot.

5.deploy app to emulator

6.deploy app to windows phone device.

I solved the problems.

Good luck.

Thursday, October 22, 2015 12:14 PM
  • I noticed a few more things:

1. Deploying WP8.1 silverlight apps to the phone works

2. Deploying to the Emulator works fine

It is only deploying Universal apps to the phone that fails for me.  I did try resetting the phone.

Thursday, October 22, 2015 2:39 PM
  • thanks  !

doing these updates (SDK and emulator) also solved that issue but  it works ONLY  if my app is deployed on SD card ;-) still failing when deployed on the phone itself

JP

Thursday, October 22, 2015 3:14 PM
  • The same problem here :( Build 10572 Lumia 930
    • Edited by famadori Thursday, October 22, 2015 10:42 PM
    Thursday, October 22, 2015 10:42 PM
  • Hi All,

I'm trying to report this issue for you.

Best regards,

Barry

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, October 23, 2015 4:31 AM
  • Hello Wim,

For this issue, I am trying to invoke someone experienced to help look into it, this may take some time and as soon as we get any result, we will post an update to here.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Friday, October 23, 2015 5:39 AM
  • Today (23 October 2015) , I upgraded my device Lumia 535 to the latest Windows 10 build 10572, since then the deployment fails with the following error for the UWP apps

Error  Error : DEP6100 : The following unexpected error occurred during bootstrapping stage 'Connecting to the device '<DeviceID>.': DeviceException - The data necessary to complete this operation is not yet available.  

Error  Error : DEP6200 : Bootstrapping 'Device' failed. Device cannot be found. The data necessary to complete this operation is not yet available.  

I had a ton of development plan in this weekend and also a lot of testing is planned on my mobile device. It is very tough to accept this error at this moment.

Can any one help me at the earliest? if this is a known issue, are there are any tickets opened, for me to vote for? Can any one escalate this to the team as soon as possible?

Friday, October 23, 2015 1:24 PM
  • This is a problem. There were a number of 'recent' builds with problems deploying to the device. Here is my check-list;

1. Can you see the phone in File Explorer (No - reboot everything)

2. Can you see the Phone using Windows Phone Power Tools? (No, reboot everything)

3. You've tried rebooting everything - try a different USB port or uninstall the phone from that port in device manager

4. Can you side-load the and install the app, you won't get debug :(

5. You've tried a different USB port, you'll have to wait for an upgrade to the OS, sorry

http://pauliom.wordpress.com

• Edited by pkr2000 Friday, October 23, 2015 1:43 PM
    Friday, October 23, 2015 1:43 PM
    • Edited by AbdullaNa Friday, October 23, 2015 2:11 PM
    Friday, October 23, 2015 2:09 PM
  • (2) is a faster way of testing deploying the app that VS, so you can just try the deploy if you want. (4) is use the store menu and create a package, then copy the package onto your phone's document folder. Then on the phone select and install it

Friday, October 23, 2015 2:21 PM
  • However, I'm pretty sure the answer is (5)

Friday, October 23, 2015 2:23 PM
  • Anyone encountered this problem as well?

Lumia Icon with 10572
    Same errors (note that it's different than some other posts about "Access Denied".
    JJ
    Friday, October 23, 2015 6:03 PM
  • I have the same issue with Lumia 1520 after updated build 10572 :/
    Saturday, October 24, 2015 1:58 PM
  • Same error here - Lumia 920 with 10572 ( developer mode enabled)
    Saturday, October 24, 2015 3:32 PM
  • Same error for me on my Lumia 1520 with build 10572 with developer mode enabled.

Interestingly I'm able to deploy an app package to the device using the new device portal, but deploying from visual studio refuses to work and gives me the following error:

"DEP6100 : The following unexpected error occurred during bootstrapping stage 'Connecting to the device '[Device ID Removed]'.'"

Saturday, October 24, 2015 5:27 PM
  • i try to run my app in visual studio 2015 

but this error is shown

Severity	Code	Description	Project	File	Line
    Error		Error : DEP6100 : The following unexpected error occurred during bootstrapping stage 'Connecting to the device '30F105C9-681E-420b-A277-7C086EAD8A4E'.': 
    SEHException - External component has thrown an exception.	TestFirstUWA		
    Severity	Code	Description	Project	File	Line
    Error		Error : DEP6200 : Bootstrapping 'Device' failed. Device cannot be found.	TestFirstUWA		

Help Me please 

Saturday, October 24, 2015 9:46 PM
  • https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/10409958-b53b-43f8-8942-6040f6256b56/uwpcmobilebuild10572-error-deploying-to-device?forum=wpdevelop

Saturday, October 24, 2015 10:44 PM
  • This is not work 

Please help me  

Sunday, October 25, 2015 8:19 AM
  • What device OS do you have?

Sunday, October 25, 2015 8:44 AM
  • Windows 10
    Sunday, October 25, 2015 9:07 AM
  • What build number?

Sunday, October 25, 2015 9:20 AM
  • Got the exact same issue since upgrading the mobile to 10572.
    Desktop is build 10565

Sunday, October 25, 2015 11:04 AM
  • in mobile 10572

desktop is 10240

Sunday, October 25, 2015 11:13 AM
  • I yesterday also experienced the same thing. At that moment I tried to restart the computer and Visual Studio. Plug the back of the device -> wait a while -> when you debug choose ARM.
    Sunday, October 25, 2015 11:30 AM
  • As per that link, chances are it won't work and you need to get a later version, but you might get lucky.

Sunday, October 25, 2015 2:56 PM
  • That would be great, I can still sideload applications, but without debugging, development is really hard ;)
    Monday, October 26, 2015 8:34 AM
  • Any solution?Already I uninstalled it and installed all the software again. This all updated and still not working. :(
    Monday, October 26, 2015 8:51 PM
  • Hi All,

I'm trying to report this issue for you.

Best regards,

Barry

Hey, where you able to report this Issue?
    Tuesday, October 27, 2015 5:14 AM
  • Hey, what is the new device portal? How can deploy from that? Could you give me a link with this info? Thanks!
    Tuesday, October 27, 2015 6:59 AM
  • Hey,

1. Do you have a link on "Windows Phone Power Tools"? I DID search for this, however it all shows for Windows 8.1 (and not for UWP Win 10).
    2. Do you have an article that shows how to sideload app? Just the steps would be sufficient, I tried the link mentioned in this article. However it shows "Web Page is not available" error. It also has a video mentioned, however it is a long video and I am running out of time on my daily tasks already.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 8:06 AM
  • http://wptools.codeplex.com/

Sideloading is easy enough. Create a Store Package from VS. Take the package and drop it into your phone's documents. On the phone select it from file manager. The only gotcha is the dependencies files create in the package. Make sure you've installed those on the phone first (using the same technique).

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 9:32 AM
  • Thanks. However the link appears to be for Phone 8.1 (as mentioned in my question) with XAP file. Would that work with UWP?

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 10:07 AM
  • It works fine for examining storage and testing the connection. You can't use to deploy the app.

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 12:08 PM
  • Hey, Connection is good. I tested thru other ways. Only VS shows the issue with deployments. I will give sideloading a try to see if that's working.

My concern is only deployment at the moment. Thanks!

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 12:18 PM
  • Hi everybody, I'm really stuck on this, so if somebody can help it's really appreciated. I'm trying to run my app on my windows 10 mobile to test it but I receive the following two errors

Severity

Code

Description

Project

File

Line

Error

Error : DEP6100 : The following unexpected error occurred during bootstrapping stage 'Connecting to the device '30F105C9-681E-420b-A277-7C086EAD8A4E'.': DeviceException - The data necessary to complete this operation is not yet available.

App2

Severity

Code

Description

Project

File

Line

Error

App2

The problem is that never had that problem before, I used to run my apps on the emulator and the machine with no problem but the problem started two days ago. Even after clean install of windows and visual studio and reseting my phone I get the same errors which I find very strange. Let me mention that I have no problem using the emulator it only happens with the device. thanks again.

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 7:14 PM

in addition...

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/73f2d56d-9e8e-4b57-bcfa-0a972dfd75d7/update-11-generating-store-associated-package-fails-for-a-uwp-application-with-a-winrt-component?forum=Win10SDKToolsIssues

4.reboot.

5.deploy app to emulator

I solved the problems.

Good luck.

I couldn't deploy app to emulator. some problem with SKU xml. after setting app's place to SD getting error DEP0001
    Tuesday, October 27, 2015 7:54 PM
  • Hello giannisdolon,

May I know your device Windows version? Does it the Windows 10 Mobile 10572 version?

Best regards,

Barry

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 3:04 AM
  • Had the same problem, after updating Windows SDK & Mobile Emulator from below link,

Solved the problem.

Thank you,
    Rajeshrv.

Thank you, Rajeshrv.

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 8:45 AM
  • Same issue here.

Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2015
    Version 14.0.23107.0 D14REL

Microsoft .NET Framework
    Version 4.6.00079

Nokia Lumia 920
    Windows Phone 10.0.10572.0
    Developer Mode Enabled

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 1:41 PM
  • I am facing the same problem. Lumia 930, Build 10572. 
    Wednesday, October 28, 2015 4:16 PM
  • Same problem. Lumia 820, 10536.
    Wednesday, October 28, 2015 4:46 PM
  • Same here too, Lumia 920 with Windows 10 build 10572

Neptune Century

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 5:28 PM
  • I was able to resolve this issue by downloading the latest emulators:

After that I was able to deploy the package to my Phone again.
    Thursday, October 29, 2015 9:04 AM
  • Ditto here after coming up from 10536 to today's 10581 across 4 test bench devices. I'm in process of installing latest SDK + Emulators in an attempt to fix. Nowhere in any of the release notes was this cited as a known issue.

http://bc3te.ch/brandonh

• Edited by Brandon H_ Thursday, October 29, 2015 6:43 PM
    Thursday, October 29, 2015 6:42 PM
  • I can confirm that SDK update *without* emulators does not fix the problem. (am currently waiting on emulator d/l and install, tried a deploy in the meantime)

Thursday, October 29, 2015 7:03 PM
  • This should be fixed in 10581 and I can't reproduce it any more. If you can, please post exact repro steps and versions you're using.

--Rob

Thursday, October 29, 2015 8:43 PM
    Owner
  • Same problem in build 10581 :(
    Thursday, October 29, 2015 11:10 PM
  • Rob, no this is not fixed in 10581...
    Thursday, October 29, 2015 11:12 PM
  • I could become furious! I have all my phones on 10581 now and I am unable to work on my apps any longer! Microsoft get your things done!
    Thursday, October 29, 2015 11:34 PM
  • WHAT IS WRONG WITH microsoft. I have to work and this crap is not working.
    Friday, October 30, 2015 12:26 AM
  • Well, basically the same issues that were described in similar thread for build 10572 (search for "[uwp][ mobile-build-10572][deployment]Deployment fails on phone build 10572")

1>------ Build started: Project: TestApp, Configuration: Debug ARM ------
    1>  TestApp -> c:\TestApp\TestApp\bin\ARM\Debug\TestApp.exe
    2>------ Deploy started: Project: TestApp, Configuration: Debug ARM ------
    2>Error : DEP6100 : The following unexpected error occurred during bootstrapping stage 'Connecting to the device '30F105C9-681E-420b-A277-7C086EAD8A4E'.':
    2>DeviceException - The data necessary to complete this operation is not yet available.
    2>Error : DEP6200 : Bootstrapping 'Device' failed. Device cannot be found. The data necessary to complete this operation is not yet available.
    2>
    ========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 2 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
    ========== Deploy: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

For me it is not fixed with new build 10581. Tested on Lumia 635.

Friday, October 30, 2015 12:53 AM
  • Not fixed on 10581.
    Damn, I read in the release notes that there was no issue with UWP deployment, just with Silverlight.
    I had to give out an app for an important demo tomorrow morning.
    I'm screwed.

Friday, October 30, 2015 12:55 AM

Guys, above PieEatingNinjas's trick works for me, please do try

IP CAM Controller

Friday, October 30, 2015 1:26 AM
  •      

This is definitiely still broken in build 10581.

Deploying to a Lumia 535 from VS2015 with the V1.1.1 tooling. The phone is visible & amenable to browsing from Explorer.

I'm getting the following configurations of developer settings on the phone:

Developer mode:   ON
    Device discovery: OFF
    Device portal:    OFF

Fails with errors ...

Error : DEP6100 :
    The following unexpected error occurred during bootstrapping stage 'Connecting to the device
    '30F105C9-681E-420b-A277-7C086EAD8A4E'.':

SEHException - External component has thrown an exception. notepad.mobile        

Error : DEP6200 :
    Bootstrapping 'Device' failed. Device cannot be found. notepad.mobile

Device discovery: ON
    Device portal:    OFF

Error : DEP6100 :
    The following unexpected error occurred during bootstrapping stage 'Connecting to the device
    '30F105C9-681E-420b-A277-7C086EAD8A4E'.':

DeviceException - The data necessary to complete this operation is not yet available. notepad.mobile        
    Error : DEP6200 :
    Bootstrapping 'Device' failed. Device cannot be found. The data necessary to complete this
    operation is not yet available.    notepad.mobile        

Device discovery: ON
    Device portal:    ON

Same as #2

Friday, October 30, 2015 1:30 AM
  • Same thing.  Build 581, Lumia 1520.  About a week now only deploying in desktop...

Friday, October 30, 2015 1:43 AM
  • After having rebooted the phone, unselected Developer Mode, reselected it, and made it discoverable via USB, I was able to deploy the app using the command prompt and the WinAppDeployCmd tool

http://blogs.windows.com/buildingapps/2015/07/09/just-released-windows-10-application-deployment-tool/

• Edited by mfmanca Friday, October 30, 2015 1:48 AM
    Friday, October 30, 2015 1:47 AM

Guys, above PieEatingNinjas's trick works for me, please do try

IP CAM Controller

This worked for me as well, BUT I had to uninstall the previous version of the "Windows 10 for Mobile Image" and "Microsoft Emulator Preview" first.
    • Edited by Jericho2291 Friday, October 30, 2015 2:37 AM
    Friday, October 30, 2015 2:36 AM

This solved the issue for me. I installed the Emulator first, THEN I installed the Windows SDK package. I did not have to uninstall anything first.

Awesome, Thanks!

Neptune Century

Friday, October 30, 2015 3:13 AM
  • Muchas gracias PieEatingNinja, Solucionado con 925.Build 10581 de Windows 10 Mobile

• Edited by Magic Soft Friday, October 30, 2015 11:11 AM elquintero
    Friday, October 30, 2015 10:57 AM
  • Installing just the emulators from the developer preview tools has enabled me to build, deploy & debug with the kosher production tools.

Apologies to @PieEatingNinjas for not trying this sooner but at first blush this doesn't seem like installing new emulators should fix the issue.

I won't be going anywhere near the preview SDK since it's completely undocumented and, despite what developing for W10 Mobile may indicate, I prefer to minimise the frustration in my life.

Can someone from Microsoft please explain why installing the preview emulators effects how VS2015 deploys to a test device?

• Edited by csnazell Friday, October 30, 2015 11:07 AM typo
    Friday, October 30, 2015 11:06 AM

in addition...

4.reboot.

5.deploy app to emulator

I solved the problems.

Good luck.

Doing this:

Fixed it for me

Friday, October 30, 2015 2:47 PM

Unfortunately, I am working on a Core2Duo CPU.
    Therefore, I can't install the emulator.
    JJ

Friday, October 30, 2015 4:14 PM
  • This should be fixed in 10581 and I can't reproduce it any more. If you can, please post exact repro steps and versions you're using.

--Rob

I have 10581, on my Lumia Icon.
    I still get the Device Not Found error.

Note that I don't have a SLAT-compatible CPU.
    Maybe that's the reason you can't reproduce it?
    JJ

Friday, October 30, 2015 4:16 PM
  • The latest Microsoft development kit is 10.1.10563.0 with several bugs starting with the version that takes place this 10.0.10563 and others with 10.1.10563. Including the installation directory made incorrectly placing 10.0.10563 and had to change manually. After that constinua giving error in the project build ....
    Friday, October 30, 2015 10:24 PM
  • Hey all, I think I may have found the solution to this:

1. Turn off developer mode on your phone
    2. Restart your phone
    3. Turn on developer mode on your phone
    4. Install!!
    This worked for my Lumia 635.

- James Esh

• Edited by James Esh Friday, October 30, 2015 10:49 PM
    Friday, October 30, 2015 10:47 PM
  • I had same problem for both 8.1 apps and UWP apps during deploy on my 10581 device.. I worked for me , thanks a LOT ;)
    Saturday, October 31, 2015 2:03 PM
  • Hey all, I think I may have found the solution to this:

1. Turn off developer mode on your phone
    2. Restart your phone
    3. Turn on developer mode on your phone
    4. Install!!
    This worked for my Lumia 635.

- James Esh

Didn't work on my Lumia Icon.
    JJ

Saturday, October 31, 2015 3:51 PM

--Rob

Reproduction Steps:

Connect phone via USB (Lumia Icon, 10572/10581, Devloper Mode/USB/Portal enabled)
    Load UWP solution
    Select Debug, ARM, UWP Project Name, Device
    Click the green play button

Output Window:

1>------ Deploy started: Project: Windows10, Configuration: Debug ARM ------
    1>Error : DEP6100 : The following unexpected error occurred during bootstrapping stage 'Connecting to the device '30F105C9-681E-420b-A277-7C086EAD8A4E'.':
    1>DeviceException - The data necessary to complete this operation is not yet available.

Error List Window:

Severity Code Description Project File Line
    Error  Error : DEP6100 : The following unexpected error occurred during bootstrapping stage 'Connecting to the device '30F105C9-681E-420b-A277-7C086EAD8A4E'.':
    DeviceException - The data necessary to complete this operation is not yet available. Windows10  

Severity Code Description Project File Line
    Error  Error : DEP6200 : Bootstrapping 'Device' failed. Device cannot be found. The data necessary to complete this operation is not yet available. Windows10  

I will, happily, give any more information that I'm told to (don't know what you want).
    JJ

Saturday, October 31, 2015 3:55 PM
  • In the last few Fastring Windows 10 Mobile builds 10581, 536, and 572(was it?), on two different phones, (a 635 and a 640),

I can no longer deploy applications using Visual Studio.  I get these errors.  The apps run fine on the local PC and show no obvious signs of issues.

Both devices appear in the Devices list if I log into my Account.  Both devices are set to Developer Mode.

Saturday, October 31, 2015 6:23 PM
  • Same here, lumia 925 (10581), Windows 10 (10576)... I'm also having problems with the so loved IpOverUsbSvc. also there is installed a new SDK but the number is not familiar...

Saturday, October 31, 2015 6:46 PM
  • didn't an ms poster already say it was fixed in 582?

Saturday, October 31, 2015 10:14 PM
  • The basic underlying problem is fixed, but if you're in the bad state already it may take some finagling to get out. Details are being looked into and we'll get docs up as soon as we have them nailed down.

Here are a few things to try. These all have worked for some people:

Install latest emulators. Take device out of developer mode and back in. Put device in airplane mode before connecting.

(Marking as answer so this is findable in the thread)
    Saturday, October 31, 2015 11:07 PM
    Owner
  • after updating i cannot deploy to my phone anymore
    • Merged by Fred Bao Monday, November 02, 2015 8:21 AM same deployment problem
    Sunday, November 01, 2015 7:38 AM
  • Have you updated your OS to the latest version 10581? I have updated and deployed to device successfully by using visual studio.
    Monday, November 02, 2015 2:58 AM
  • Yes, I did. I updated my phone with 10581, I also tried other workaround by turning off developer mode, restart, then turn back it on etc.

Still the same issue persists.

Monday, November 02, 2015 3:16 PM
  • Same here, lumia 925 (10581), Windows 10 (10576)... I'm also having problems with the so loved IpOverUsbSvc. also there is installed a new SDK but the number is not familiar...

The fix for this is to Modify your installation of VS 2015 to include the Windows Phone 8.1 SDK in the configuration. This component is what adds this service to the OS.

I just debugged 3 different machines in various states to figure this out, and have reported it to MSFT.

What I'm really frustrated about is that we now have to install WP 8.1 components to do *newer* W10M development. Clearly somebody wasn't thinking straight when they injected this dependency in to the dev chain.

• Edited by Brandon H_ Monday, November 02, 2015 7:01 PM
    Monday, November 02, 2015 6:59 PM

The fix for this is to Modify your installation of VS 2015 to include the Windows Phone 8.1 SDK in the configuration. This component is what adds this service to the OS.

I just debugged 3 different machines in various states to figure this out, and have reported it to MSFT.

What I'm really frustrated about is that we now have to install WP 8.1 components to do *newer* W10M development. Clearly somebody wasn't thinking straight when they injected this dependency in to the dev chain.

I've further elaborated on this fix in a blog post.

• Proposed as answer by Brandon H_ Monday, November 02, 2015 8:41 PM
    Monday, November 02, 2015 8:41 PM
  • Installing the new SDK and emulators from

https://dev.windows.com/en-us/downloads/windows-10-developer-preview, as mentioned above, worked for me. Note that I installed the SDK and then the emulators - someone mentioned that he had to do it in the opposite order. Installing just the SDK did not work for me.

Also note that the IpOverUsbSvc service was already installed on my machine, I assume because I chose the complete install when installing Visual Studio 2015. The service, however was not running, even though it was set for auto start. Starting it manually did not help, I still apparently needed to install the SDK and the emulators.

Hope this helps someone else, I wasted hours on it.

This is with Lumia 640 XL, build 10581

• Edited by Vadim Kin Tuesday, November 03, 2015 1:59 AM
    Tuesday, November 03, 2015 1:21 AM
  • For me, I had to revert my Nokia 1320 from Windows 10 build 10572 back to Windows 8.1 and then initiate the insider preview download again in order to get Windows 10 build 10581.

I had previously installed the latest SDK and emulators to no avail.  But obtaining the latest build did resolve the issue.  It just to some "finagling" to get there.

Tuesday, November 03, 2015 3:14 PM
  • Hi,

I'm using VS 2015 Enterprise and two Windows 10 Mobile Devices (10.0.10581).

Everything was fine, but now I cannot deploy to both Devices anymore.

I receive following errors in VS2015:

Severity

Code

Description

Project

File

Line

Error

Error : DEP6200 : Bootstrapping 'Device' failed. Device cannot be found.

Flic

Error

Error : DEP6100 : The following unexpected error occurred during bootstrapping stage 'Connecting to the device '30F105C9-681E-420b-A277-7C086EAD8A4E'.': SEHException - External component has thrown an exception.

Flic

Regards,

Dominik A. Ernst

www.prowinapps.com

Tuesday, November 03, 2015 6:02 PM
  • Deploying (Any CPU) to Emulators 10 or 8.1 is no Problem!

But I think this is a Visual Studio Problem not a Device Problem.

Regards,

Dominik A. Ernst

www.prowinapps.com

Wednesday, November 04, 2015 7:37 AM
  • Error : DEP6100 : The following unexpected error occurred during bootstrapping stage 'Connecting to the device '30F105C9-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-7C086EAD8A4E'.':

Solution:

1. Turn off Developer mode on your phone.
    2. Deploy app (UWP or SL) by VS2015 -> Error.
    3. Turn on Developer mode on your phone.
    4. Deploy app (UWP or SL) by VS2015 -> Working.

UPDATE:

- If you change another device or re-connect you must close VS2015, re-launch and do again!

Tested with 920 + 520 + 730 build 10581. Try it NOW!

• Proposed as answer by AbdullaNa Friday, November 06, 2015 2:06 AM
    • Edited by Zendios Interactive Friday, November 06, 2015 4:51 AM UPDATE new Solotion
    Wednesday, November 04, 2015 8:18 AM
  • Hello Dominik,

Yes this is not your device problem. I can reproduce the same problem on my device(Visual Studio 2015). I cannot deploy to my new 10.0.10581.

Please see here for a related version 10572 which has the same problem:https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3f1a4a71-f402-44e9-b18e-f6b2e41796d0/uwp-mobilebuild10572deploymentdeployment-fails-on-phone-build-10572?forum=wpdevelop

We may need to wait for the fix for this problem.

Best regards,

Barry

Wednesday, November 04, 2015 11:32 AM
  • Hi Barry,

thanks for your reply.

This is really bad, because I have to update two Apps. You know how the customers react, you get some bad Reviews. It's a hard market, the share is very low and the income is nearly zero.

MS should provide a Bugfix very soon.

Regards,

Dominik A. Ernst

www.prowinapps.com

Wednesday, November 04, 2015 2:05 PM
  • Hey Tried. Some improvements. Two old errors are gone, now new error. Tried multiple times, but same new error.

DEP0001 : Unexpected Error: Package could not be registered. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80073CF6)

Capabilities are checked correctly in the "App Manifest" file.

The device I use is Lumia 535

Any idea?

Thanks!

Wednesday, November 04, 2015 4:05 PM
  • Wednesday, November 04, 2015 4:48 PM
  • Try this ... maybe ...

https://www.visualstudio.com/news/vs2015-update1-vs

Regards,

Dominik A. Ernst

www.prowinapps.com

Wednesday, November 04, 2015 4:53 PM
  • VS 2015 Update 1

NO MAYBE!!! DOES NOT WORK!!! Hey MS provide a hotfix!!!

Regards,

Dominik A. Ernst

www.prowinapps.com

Wednesday, November 04, 2015 6:53 PM
  • Visual Studio 2015 Update 1 - Same Error!!!

Regards,

Dominik A. Ernst

www.prowinapps.com

Wednesday, November 04, 2015 6:54 PM
  • Hallo,

Since updating to the new windows 10 insider version (10581) I can't debug apps anymore to my phone(lumia 635)

Full error log:

Severity Code Description Project File Line
    Error Error : DEP6100 : The following unexpected error occurred during bootstrapping stage 'Connecting to the device '30F105C9-681E-420b-A277-7C086EAD8A4E'.': 
    DeviceException - The data necessary to complete this operation is not yet available. MercadoWindowsApp
    Error Error : DEP6200 : Bootstrapping 'Device' failed. Device cannot be found. The data necessary to complete this operation is not yet available. MercadoWindowsApp

I read in a question that it can be resolved by installing the the emulator but I have windows 10 home edition so that is not something I can do.

Thank you

Thursday, November 05, 2015 7:51 AM
  • Unlucky, I can deploy to my lumia 920(OS version: 10581), and my Visual Studio version is Professional Edition.

Rob has replied a similar thread: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/3f1a4a71-f402-44e9-b18e-f6b2e41796d0/uwpupdated-for-10581deploymentdeployment-fails-on-phone-build-10572?forum=wpdevelop

If this is not able to help you, I have no idea.

Thursday, November 05, 2015 9:16 AM
  • Hello guys,

I am unable to deploy my app to my Lumia 930 neither through USB nor by remote debugging. I enabled Developer mode on my phone and also remote debugging.

My device is not listed in the list of running like it used to on VS Express 2013.

When I try to delpoy the app using USB, I receive the following error:

1>------ Deploy started: Project: ***, Configuration: Debug ARM ------
    1>Error : DEP6100 : The following unexpected error occurred during bootstrapping stage 'Connecting to the device '30F105C9-681E-420b-A277-7C086EAD8A4E'.':
    1>SEHException - External component has thrown an exception.

When I try to deploy over Remote Debugging, I receive the following error:

1>------ Deploy started: Project: ***, Configuration: Debug ARM ------
    1>Error: Unable to connect to the Microsoft Visual Studio Remote Debugger named 'Lumia-930'.  The Visual Studio 2015 Remote Debugger (MSVSMON.EXE) does not appear to be running on the remote computer. This may be because a firewall is preventing communication to the remote computer. Please see Help for assistance on configuring remote debugging.

I noticed as well, that by adding the device as remote debugger, the windows showed, that the device has no developer license, although it does and it is registered. Firewall exceptions are set.

However, I can still deploy the app using emulators.

What is the problem guys??

Any workaround??

Thanks!

Thursday, November 05, 2015 8:23 PM
  • Have you read the *many* bootstrapping failed posts on this forum, there are lots :)

Thursday, November 05, 2015 8:40 PM
  • Nokia lumia 920 - Windows 10 - Build 10.0.10581

1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\NuGet\Microsoft.NuGet.targets(89,5): error : Couldn't find the required information in the lock file. Make sure you have UAP,Version=v10.0.10240/win10-anycpu mentioned in your targets.
    ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
    ========== Deploy: 0 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========

I can´t deploy and debug UWP app in my lumia device. Also can not use win10 emulators (CPU with no slat, isn´t that great Microsoft?, hyperv runs great with CPUs with no slat on Windows server 2012).

How can i debug UWP app in my lumia 920 device?

Thursday, November 05, 2015 9:04 PM
  • Hurray! Worked for me after a restart, and repeating these same steps. Thanks!

Sorry, I took the above sentence back. Stopped working again with the next attempt.

• Edited by AbdullaNa Friday, November 06, 2015 5:48 AM
    Friday, November 06, 2015 2:07 AM
  • Wow! Resolved by following the steps below found in this link

It did not work for me in the first attempt of trying these steps. However worked after I restart my phone, connect-reconnect and repeat these steps.

Sorry, I took back the word "Resolved". Stopped working again with the next attempt.
    Friday, November 06, 2015 2:10 AM
  • Same problem here on a lumia 635 running 10581 going into developer mode back in and device in airplane mode both did not solve the issue. Can't test out the emulator fix(got W10 home edition)
    Friday, November 06, 2015 7:44 AM
  • I have the latest update on my Lumia 920. Visual Studio gives me the following error when I try to deploy a WP 8.1 Store app to the device:

Severity

Code

Description

Project

File

Line

Error

XF.WindowsPhone

Severity

Code

Description

Project

File

Line

Error

XF.WindowsPhone

Any ideas how this issue could be fixed? The device is developer unlocked.

Saturday, November 07, 2015 2:31 AM
  • Tried them all still not working on Lumina 635 and VS 2015 Enterprise w/ Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 (KB3073097)”, version 14.0.23315

Steps taken:

Repaired VS 2015 to install latest Android Emulator

Disconnect Phone

Turned on Airplane mode

Connected Phone (Phone Companion starts up)

Deploy fails:

DEP6200 : Bootstrapping 'Device' failed. Device cannot be found. The data necessary to complete this operation is not yet available. 

DEP6100 : The following unexpected error occurred during bootstrapping stage 'Connecting to the device '30F105C9-681E-420b-A277-7C086EAD8A4E'.':

Turned off Dev mode

Turned on Dev mode

Deploy fails as above

Has anyone noticed that the error Source is IntelliSense?

Saturday, November 07, 2015 4:27 PM
  • Having the same problem since upgrading my Lumia 735 to WM preview 581.

Tried most of tips in this topic. None of them fixed the issue...

I'm using VS 2015 version 14.0.23315.

Sunday, November 08, 2015 4:21 PM
  • I've the same problem on my Lumia 620 preview firmware 581. None of the above tips solved the issue.

I'm using VS Community 2015 14.0.23107.0 D14REL

Sunday, November 08, 2015 6:28 PM
  • I doubt the underlying problem is fixed, given it is still happening with new builds.

I have this problem on OS build 10.0.10581.0. None of these suggestions helped.

The OS update on my device got stuck in a loop initially, so I used the Windows Phone Recovery Tool to reset to a good/clean 8.1 OS version, then immediately upgraded to 10.0.10581.0. That all went fine. OS and apps on device seem ok. Enabled dev mode worked fine too, but I can't deploy UWP apps, get error;

This on what should be a very clean install of the device. VS was successfully deploying to the device prior to the update.

I can successully load and start the app by deploying a package through the new device management portal, however VS will not deploy the app to the phone.

Monday, November 09, 2015 1:41 AM
  • I have the same problem. Did you found solution?
    Monday, November 09, 2015 7:35 AM
  • There is not really a solution only thing we can do is wait for a new version or a quick patch. 
    Monday, November 09, 2015 7:45 AM
  • Hi sweet_harmony89,

There are many similar threads in this link: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/3f1a4a71-f402-44e9-b18e-f6b2e41796d0/uwpupdated-for-10581deploymentdeployment-fails-on-phone-build-10572?forum=wpdevelop   

You could refer to the above thread for details.

Best Regards,

Xavier Eoro

Monday, November 09, 2015 9:48 AM
  • Installing the preview emulators worked for me. You don't need the updated SDK, however, it wouldn't hurt

Monday, November 09, 2015 1:44 PM
  • I have a Lumia 635 phone (new last week) that was updated from 8.1 to 10.0.10581.0 but has the deployment error from VS 2015 other are experiencing.

This phone didn't an SD card installed but what was odd about the settings / storage page is that the drop-downs for the "Save locations" were empty before the SD was put in and still empty after the SD was inserted and the new card and space listed under "storage". So I can't direct new apps to be installed to card.

Is there a way to confirm these settings have legitimate values another way - or reset them?

Mark

Monday, November 09, 2015 9:43 PM
  • Following trick worked for me:

1. Factory reset the device
    2. Developer unlock as usual after setting up the device (setup as a new device with correct region and date/time)
    3. Create a new visual studio UWP project and start debugging from Visual Studio (I turned the wifi/data off in the mobile, not sure if that helped)
    4. At first deploy VS installed some missing framework components

2>Deploying to Phone Internal Storage...
    2>Creating a new clean layout...
    2>Copying files: Total 16 mb to layout...
    2>Checking whether required frameworks are installed...
    2>Framework: Microsoft.NET.CoreRuntime.1.0/ARM, app package version 1.0.23302.0 is not currently installed.
    2>Framework: Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00.Debug/ARM, app package version 14.0.22929.0 is not currently installed.
    2>Installing missing frameworks...
    2>Registering the application to run from layout...
    2>Deployment complete (91315ms). Full package name: XXXXXX
    5. Voila!!! Now I can deploy both UWP and SL8.1 apps.

The phone is 435 with latest WP10 build. Everything was working since I installed it last week but today from deployment was all of the sudden broken. After following the above steps it is again working for now.

Monday, November 09, 2015 11:16 PM
  • My workaround:

Visual Studio 2015: 14.0.24627.00 Update 1 RC
    Phone OS: 10.0.10581.0
    Any attempt to deploy UWP app to my phone failed while deploying to emulators was ok. Reinstalling of SDK and emulators did not help me.

What helped me and might help you:

1. Plug-in you phone to computer over USB cable.
     2. Open Device Manager from PC control panel.
     3. Open Portable Devices category and uninstall your phone device (right click, then uninstall).
     4. Open Universal Serial Bus devices category and uninstall all devices corresponding to your phone (I had 3 such entries). Select the checkbox 'Delete the driver software for this device' where prompted.
     5. Unplug your phone from USB and then plug-in it back. The system will reinstall all necessary drivers and woohooo!!! Now Visual Studio can deploy to device again by pressing F5!!!

P.S. There is no need to enable 'Device discovery' and 'Device Portal' on your phone.

• Proposed as answer by Prophet1111 Thursday, November 12, 2015 1:41 PM
    Tuesday, November 10, 2015 9:31 PM
  • That worked for me very well, thank you! :)

I got "DEP0001:Unexpected Error: Install failed. Please contact your software vendor. " error, but after deleting previous version of the app from my phone everything works like a charm! 

Thursday, November 12, 2015 1:44 PM
  • Still struggling with deployment to the build 10581 (phone is Lumia 635).

After all previous errors described in other posts above in this thread now I'm stuck with the following:

1>------ Deploy started: Project: App6, Configuration: Debug ARM ------
    1>Deploying to SD Card...
    1>Updating the layout...
    1>Checking whether required frameworks are installed...
    1>Registering the application to run from layout...
    1>Error : DEP0001 : Unexpected Error: A Prerequisite for an install could not be satisfied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80073CFD)

Thursday, November 12, 2015 11:33 PM
  • I am trying to debug a UWP app on my Lumia 1520. The App is compiled under VS2015 and the July release build of Windows 10  Enterprise, the phone is on Windows 10 Mobile build 10581.

The deploy fails with error DEP-6100.

I was able to deploy apps without problems before upgrading the phone to build 10581.

Is there a fix?

Friday, November 13, 2015 7:39 AM
  • Join to this question. I have  the same problem. VS2015 show this error:

1>Error : DEP6100 : The following unexpected error occurred during  bootstrapping stage 'Connecting to the device '3334F9-6231E-310b-A221-7B036E23D4A4E'.': 
    1>SEHException - External component has thrown an exception.
    1>Error : DEP6200 : Bootstrapping 'Device' failed. Device cannot be found. 

I have tried, but no results:

- reboot device

- reboot PC

- Uninstall and install VS2015 with all sdk

- Check developer mode on Device/PC

- Restart IpOverUsb service

It was started after installing windows 10 on Nokia 1520, I was to able deploy application only once, and after that only deploy errors are shown by VS2015. Other devices, Nokia 920 with wp 8.1 also stopped work. 

Meanwhile, all works fine with Windows Phone simulators, and the same devices works with debug on another PC.

Friday, November 13, 2015 7:51 AM
  • See if this helps

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/1046191/Can-t-Deploy-to-Windows-Mobile-Read-this

I have the same problem but I haven't been able to try this suggestion yet.

Russ

Saturday, November 14, 2015 5:35 AM
  • No, unfortunately it does not. Since VS2013 Update 2 the Windows Phone 8.1 SDK is included in Visual Studio, and there is no separate download.

So, I reinstalled VS2013 side by side with VS2015 and tried to deploy to my phone - Same result, DEP6100 and no deployment.

I believe the post you have sent me, but I will have to wait for an update to VS2015 (shoddy, shoddy, Microsoft).

In the meantime I have had to continue using the emulators for development for Windows 10 Mobile, with the danger that the UI on the emulators is NOT the same as on the phone, since the pointer is much smaller than a finger...

One possible horrible workaround: send the app to the store as a beta, naming your own email as one enabled to download and install it. This works fine (tested with one of my apps) but slows the development process down to a crawl!

Saturday, November 14, 2015 8:24 AM
  • It's not a separate download but it's an option when installing VS 2015.

Try modifying VS Setup and confirm the Win Phone 8.1 tools have been installed.

I know I didn't select them so they are definitely not present on my machine.

Saturday, November 14, 2015 8:30 AM
  • No, I have modified the setup and installed the Windows Phone 8.1 SDK and emulators, but no joy, the dreaded DEP6100 appears again.

Where is the forum moderator on this one? I desperately need information from Microsoft on a workaround!

Saturday, November 14, 2015 4:26 PM
  • I can contribute another "solution" which worked yesterday: I moved the whole project to another location. After this I could deploy the rest of the day.

But today I got the same error again and continue wasting my time with this bullshit -.-

Sunday, November 15, 2015 4:04 PM
  • Hi,
    I have updated my Win8 machine to Win10 and windows phone also updated. After that I am unable to deploy the solution to Win10 phone and it gives me the following error

Severity Code Description Project File Line
    Error Error : DEP6100 : The following unexpected error occurred during bootstrapping stage 'Connecting to the device '30F105C9-681E-420b-A277-7C086EAD8A4E'.': 
    Is this because of the Windows build that I upgraded? I was able to deploy the solution to the phone before.
    How to fix this problem?

Please help me

Thanks,

Prasanth

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 9:15 AM
  • I installed the latest SDK and it fixed it for me, although I had already installed the UWP Tools 1.1.1, so that might be needed too.

Thanks!

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 11:28 AM
  • Hallo

Take a look at this topic https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/3f1a4a71-f402-44e9-b18e-f6b2e41796d0/uwpupdated-for-10581deploymentdeployment-fails-on-phone-build-10572?forum=wpdevelop 

it is a bug in the new fast ring version of windows phone 10 I think

Just to be sure which version do you have on your windows phone?

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 2:48 PM
  • Just a hint that seems worked for me in the end - if you deploy your app to the phone's SD card - make sure it is FAT32-formatted, not just FAT.
    Wednesday, November 18, 2015 8:52 AM
  • Having same problem here. WP 8.1 tools and emulators are installed and have version 1.1.1 of SDK.
    Wednesday, November 18, 2015 8:43 PM
  • I upgraded my Lumia 535 on to the new build 10586.11. However the deployment still fails with the same errors.

Can any one help me with this please? I think tried all the workaround mentioned in this thread with no joy.

Thursday, November 19, 2015 2:34 AM
  • I can't believe that you guys are still refusing to acknowledge that this is a problem. This is affecting loads of devs, and with a desktop on 1511 and a phone on 10586, it *still* does not work. None of the solutions presented here actually work for these builds - installing the WP8.1 SDK did work, until I updated my desktop to 1511.
    Thursday, November 19, 2015 8:44 AM
  • Running 1511 on development PC, and just upgraded to 10586 on both Lumia 1020 and 735. Guess what? the problem persists, still cannot deploy UWP app to windows phone. 

This is seriously affecting our development schedule! Get it together, and SOLVE this, Microsoft, WE are your developers, and we are PISSED!!!!

Thursday, November 19, 2015 8:52 AM
  • In case anyone else is considering trying it, I updated my Lumia 535 to 10586, and then I performed a factory reset on it. This still doesn't solve anything.
    Thursday, November 19, 2015 9:41 AM
  • Developer machine: Windows 1511 (10586)

Phone: Lumia 1020: Windows 10 (10586)

Still getting DEP6100...

This is getting unbelievably frustrating.

Thursday, November 19, 2015 12:15 PM
  • Since build 10572 i also get the errors DEP6100 & DEP6200 when deploying on a windows phone (the emulators work fine!). i updated yesterday to build 10586. I still get the same errors. Tried the solutions above but they did not work for me (airplane mode, switching developer mode) ...
    Friday, November 20, 2015 9:08 AM
  • Exactly same problem here.

Some days before, I launched my apps on Windows 10 Mobile, but failed to launch it on Emulator 10, but today even I am unable to launch it on Device too. It gives the Bootstrapping error. What is this error, and why not someone know the exact procedure to resolve it. I am stuck.

See my question on Stackoverflow too. but still NO positive response.
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33252723/universal-app-vs2015-windows-phone-emulator-is-not-running

Friday, November 20, 2015 3:58 PM
  • Silence is frustrating... Is is possible to have an official update on this blocking issue, like:

"Visual Studio 2015 Update 1 will contain the fix for this issue. Please wait until Nov. 30" or something like that ???

Friday, November 20, 2015 4:19 PM
  • I found a workaround that worked for me.

1) From an admin command prompt:

• reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SirepClient /v DisableProtocol3 /t REG_DWORD /d 1

2) Restart Visual Studio and try deploying the solution again.

My environment:

• Nokia Lumia 830 running Windows Mobile 10.0.10586.11
    • Visual Studio Community 2015 14.0.23107.0.D14REL
    • Visual Studio Tools for Universal Windows Apps 14.0.23309.00 d14oob
    • Development machine running Windows 10 Pro RTM 10.0.10240

Source: this StackOverflow post, which found the workaround in this French MSDN post.

I'm not sure why this works or exactly what it's doing. Use at your own risk.

• Edited by Chris Schmich Friday, November 20, 2015 8:49 PM
    • Proposed as answer by JGM Software Saturday, November 21, 2015 11:39 PM
    Friday, November 20, 2015 8:43 PM
  • This worked for me as well. Thanks Chris, what a great find. 

Worked for me on Windows 10 Pro 1511, a Lumia 535 running 10586 and VS Enterprise 2015 14.0.23107.0.D14REL

Saturday, November 21, 2015 11:42 PM
  • Yes works for me too

Lumia 920 10586.11 Stable vs Community Edition :-)

thx's so much

Sunday, November 22, 2015 4:43 PM
  • Worked for me too, thanks Chris! :)

Running Lumia 930 build 10586.11

Sunday, November 22, 2015 10:15 PM
  • No, this did not work for me.

Windows 10 Enterprise 1511

Latest versions of all toolkits and emulators

Nokia 1520 running Windows 10 10586.11

Wednesday, November 25, 2015 7:36 AM
  • The registry modification worked for me... but I had to make a reset a my smartphone !

Sometime I'm wondering if Microsoft really beleive in the future of this mobile operating system...

Thursday, November 26, 2015 10:11 PM
  • Solution:

UPDATE:

- If you change another device or re-connect you must close VS2015, re-launch and do again!

This worked for me! Thanks a lot!
    Friday, November 27, 2015 10:24 AM
  • Here's the announcement that also has the link to download the new update 1 - http://blogs.msdn.com/b/visualstudio/archive/2015/11/30/visual-studio-update-1-rtm.aspx
    Monday, November 30, 2015 7:57 PM
  • For those needing to debug on a 950, here's the link to the announcement(and update link) for the Visual Studio 2015 Update 1.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/visualstudio/archive/2015/11/30/visual-studio-update-1-rtm.aspx

Monday, November 30, 2015 8:00 PM
  • After updating to Visual Studio 2015 Update 1, ealier today, I didn't see any problems any more deploying to Win Mobile 10 (tested with 830, 930 and 950 XL).
    Monday, November 30, 2015 9:04 PM
  • In case this helps someone else.  I updated to Visual Studio 2015 Update 1 and the emulators worked fine.  Then my system was automatically updated to windows 10 10586.  The emulators no longer worked (I got the error message "Windows phone emulator is unable to connect to the operating system" and the emulator never finished loading the operating system).  I concluded that something about the Windows Update messed up the emulators and/or Visual studio. I tried many things, but in the end this is what worked:

1. Uninstall the VS Studio 2015 1.2 tools and re-install them (sdksetup.exe) (I did this just to make sure that the Visual Studio tools were re-installed after the operating system update)

2. Launch Hyper-V manager

3. Delete all Windows Phone Hyper-V instances

4. Open Virtual Switch Manager

5. Delete Windows Phone switch

6. Re-deploy from VS

7. You'll get prompted that it needs Admin access to reconfigure Hyper-V for you, then everything works.

I got the idea from this post: 

Windows phone emulator is unable to connect to the operating system 

ktd

• Edited by ktd09 Friday, December 04, 2015 10:49 PM
    Friday, December 04, 2015 10:47 PM
  • New problem : No more Windows phone device in Visual Studio since I upgrade VS 2015 and my Windows 10 desktop. Any workaround ?

Saturday, December 05, 2015 1:05 PM
  • I'm progressing... I installed Tools for Windows 8.1 & Windows Phone 8.0./8.1 (Tools & SDK + Emulator).

Now I get my device... It starts deploying the app on the SD card... and stop with the following error : DEP0001 : Unexpected error : A Prerequisite for an install could not be satisfied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80073CFD)

• Edited by MisterSeb Saturday, December 05, 2015 4:21 PM
    Saturday, December 05, 2015 4:21 PM
  • Found the origin of this new issue ! I had a 2 go SD card in my smartphone. I don't know why, but when you format it with the phone it seams to format it in FAT 16 mode. When I tried to download the Windows Insider App I got an error (and in the details the same error code with explicit explanation  : wrong SD card format !). So I formated it in FAT 32 with my computer and everything works fine now ! Hope it will help !
    Sunday, December 06, 2015 1:39 PM