none
Code not recognised RRS feed

• Question

• I bought a new laption with windows 7 on it adn installed my Visual Studio 2005, which after the second attempt installed ok.  I had some project I wanted to improved loaded the sln file ran it and all seemed to work ok.  But then I started to make some code changes but the code I added did not seem to work as if the text editor file was not being comiled but the old files were.  ANd sometimes some code was changed and others not.  What is going on can anyone help?
    Monday, June 7, 2010 5:19 PM

Answers

• As you mentioned some code changes were made and some were not. The 1st recommendation would be to see if your changes were properly saved and then build. Make sure you see that file is saved and then build successfully.

This is certainlyh not a VS 2005 or Win7 issue. Can you check to open a word doc and then make some changes in it, to see if at-least Save functionality is working fine, also I would suggest use menu options in VS 2005 to save and build, instead of short-cut keys.

Hope this will help you verify the behavior to some extent.

Vidya Vrat Agarwal. http://dotnetpassion.blogspot,com
    • Marked as answer by SamAgain Wednesday, June 16, 2010 5:55 AM
    Monday, June 7, 2010 6:33 PM

All replies

• As you mentioned some code changes were made and some were not. The 1st recommendation would be to see if your changes were properly saved and then build. Make sure you see that file is saved and then build successfully.

This is certainlyh not a VS 2005 or Win7 issue. Can you check to open a word doc and then make some changes in it, to see if at-least Save functionality is working fine, also I would suggest use menu options in VS 2005 to save and build, instead of short-cut keys.

Hope this will help you verify the behavior to some extent.

Vidya Vrat Agarwal. http://dotnetpassion.blogspot,com
    • Marked as answer by SamAgain Wednesday, June 16, 2010 5:55 AM
    Monday, June 7, 2010 6:33 PM
  • Hi,

Could you be more specific about how you save and build your source code? And though VS2005 is supported on Win7, make sure to install both Visual Studio 2005 Service Pack 1 and the Visual Studio 2005 Service Pack 1 Update for Windows Vista.

Please mark the right answer at right time.
    Thanks,
    Sam
    Tuesday, June 8, 2010 2:46 AM
  • We temporarily mark a reply, please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Please mark the right answer at right time.
    Thanks,
    Sam
    Wednesday, June 16, 2010 5:55 AM