Can I open a specific BlueTooth com port

Question

• Hello

Is it possible to specify which com port to open.

Thanks

John

Monday, February 10, 2014 10:29 PM

All replies

• Hi John,

Take a look at this: How to specify device capabilities for Bluetooth

The following RFCOMM services are supported via the name value:

• name:serialPort
    • name:obexObjectPush
    • name:obexFileTransfer
    • name:phoneBookAccessPce
    • name:phoneBookAccessPse
    • name:genericFileTransfer

I believe the first item name:serialPort is the one that you are looking for. You could specify the com port to open.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 2:33 AM
  • Hello

Thanks for the response.  It looks like the name:serialPort only allows opening a serial port through a device.  Not directly with a bluetooth serial port.

John

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 4:21 PM
  • Hi John,

The documentation is for Bluetooth.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 7:17 AM
  • James

Thanks for the response.  I am using the Bluetooth serial port.  But as far as I can tell you can use it only through a device.  You can't open the port and set the baud rate.

John

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 4:38 PM