Rollover images (Chima) - 7/19/2007 12:06 PM PST RRS feed

• Question

• By: Chima

Hi,

I am trying to create a web page in HTML that has an image on the left hand 
    side, and when you roll the mouse over it an image on the right hand side 
    appears.  Would anyone have any ideas on how this could be achieved?

Thanks
    Thursday, March 6, 2008 8:13 PM

Answers

• Turn on the behavious tool bar. Insert your starting image onto the page, then on the behavious tab select insert/swap image. All the image son your page are listed, pick the one you want to rollover, then find the rolloevr image by using browse, you probably want to tick the restore mouse event to go back to the original image when the mouse moves away.

ONLY when I try to use this function I get a scripting error when the page i am chnaging is based on a template. If I start with a blank page it works fine.
    Tuesday, June 17, 2008 7:20 AM
  • I'd suggest that the person who is tagging on an old thread google the term "disjointed rollovers" which is what he is asking how to do.
    MS MVP Expression Tutorials & Help http://by-expression.com
    Friday, July 23, 2010 5:05 PM

All replies

• Turn on the behavious tool bar. Insert your starting image onto the page, then on the behavious tab select insert/swap image. All the image son your page are listed, pick the one you want to rollover, then find the rolloevr image by using browse, you probably want to tick the restore mouse event to go back to the original image when the mouse moves away.

ONLY when I try to use this function I get a scripting error when the page i am chnaging is based on a template. If I start with a blank page it works fine.
    Tuesday, June 17, 2008 7:20 AM
  • TomNZ999

hey big guy im trying to do rollover image for my web site but still learning expression web 4 and dont know how to do one, can you help me out?

i dont have the option for a behavious tool bar unless i dont know where it is located.

plz help asap!

Friday, July 23, 2010 1:43 AM
  • You do realize that you are pleading for help from someone who posted here two years and one month ago, right? Who hasn't been seen here since about two years and two weeks ago? About a program two versions behind the current version?

I hope you're not holding your breath waiting for a response from him.

Please read the BEFORE POSTING sticky post. Particularly the section about not resurrecting old, dead threads...

C'mon, folks. This isn't rocket science, nor neurosurgery. It's "Expression" (singular) "Web" (singular), in that order, followed by a version numeral if you wish to be specific. It is often abbreviated "EW." It is not "Web Expression," "Expressions Web," "Web Expressions," or plain "Expression" or "Expressions." Not using the correct name indicates either ignorance or laziness. Most folks would rather avoid the appearance of either.
    Friday, July 23, 2010 4:01 AM
  • I'd suggest that the person who is tagging on an old thread google the term "disjointed rollovers" which is what he is asking how to do.
    MS MVP Expression Tutorials & Help http://by-expression.com
    Friday, July 23, 2010 5:05 PM