none
Please help me. I have question bout kinect V2. RRS feed

• Question

• kinect for windows V1,SKD 1.8.there are TransformSmoothParameters ,we can make skeleton tracking smoothing.But in sdk 2.0,i cound not find it. In fact, i want to make the mouse follow my hand,now it jitter. How to do it ,like SDK1.8. (Thanks)

var tsp = new TransformSmoothParameters
                    {
                        Smoothing = 0.5f,
                        Correction = 0.5f,
                        Prediction = 0.5f,
                        JitterRadius = 0.05f,
                        MaxDeviationRadius = 0.04f
                    };
                    kinect.SkeletonStream.Enable(tsp);

Thursday, October 16, 2014 9:20 AM

All replies

• There are no joint smoothing options built into the pipeline as there are different filtering methods. With v2, a lot of the joint data is very stable given proper sensor setup where the sensor is mounted 6feet from the floor and pointed down so it can see the floor. Additionally, be sure if you have it on a ledge/shelf, the edge is not in the field of view where it could clip the floor. 

For an implementation of joint filtering code have a look at this thread:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/045b058a-ae3a-4d01-beb6-b756631b4b42/joint-smoothing-code-c?forum=kinectv2sdk

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Thursday, October 16, 2014 5:00 PM
  • Thank you very much.I just know C#. Is there easier method to do it? For example, if the right hand jitte between 0.03m and -0.03m, considered the same position. But, when my right hand across my body, go to left side, kinect didn't recognize surely.How to solute that  problem by easier way. By the way ,though i have experience which developing Kinect V1, i just a beginner. Look forward to your reply.
    Friday, October 17, 2014 3:13 AM