Missing C++ console template in VS 2019 RRS feed

• Question

• This is machine with Win 10 Home.

Visual Studio 2019 Community is missing C++ Console Project template. Blank C++ template is missing too.

The VS was installed on this machine using configuration from machine with Win 7 where these template I used.  

Development tools in VS are Desktop C++.

What to do?

Tuesday, December 31, 2019 7:15 PM

All replies

• I found it in search box in New Project

Tuesday, December 31, 2019 8:37 PM
  • Hi Geoyar,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Could you find it in Win10 Home machine? If not, I'm afraid there is something wrong during VS installation. We recommend you could repair your visual studio 2019. 

Note: Go to visual studio installer -> Repair Visual Studio 2019

And if you have other issues about VS IDE, please feel free to contact us.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, January 1, 2020 2:53 AM
  • Hi Dylan,

Thanks for replay.

As I already posted, I found it. It is a weird image of how developers are working with VS in heads of some VS programmers.

So you want to start developing a  C++ console app. You are  opening the VS 2019 IDE and click File>New>New Project. You see a screen with project templates and a search box.My previous Nev Project was in C++. so the search box (it is a combo box) shoes only one item, C++, and nothing more. The templates on the screen shows Windows C+desktop app, PFC app, and some others but no Console or Empty C++ Projects. If you think that Console is hidden under  Desktop apps, you are wrong.

But Console still is in VS. To get to it you have to click on a string 'Clean Search' (light blue chars to the right of the search box.) After that you may click on the search combo box and drop-down list will show you Console App and other choices. Click on "Console", and you will see several project templates, Empty and C++ Console included.

It is only part of modern tendency at MS and other software companies. Try to put shortcut or close a DVD tray from your computer, or associate a sound with your logon on Win 10. You will know wat I am talking about.

Wednesday, January 1, 2020 11:46 PM