Subscription denied RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to create a subscription but I have encountered a group policy system cryptography: Use FIPS 140 compliant cryptographic algorithms, including encryption, hashing and signing algorithms which was enabled by agency that prevents the subscription. Is there any other way to do this without changing the GP.

michael john ocasio

• Edited by mjocasio23 Monday, October 20, 2014 1:00 PM
    Monday, October 20, 2014 12:04 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Michael,

Would you be able to specify when exactly you get the error?
    And by subscription do you mean you are trying to create a new Azure Subscription altogether?

If you could provide more details it would be easier for us to understand the issue and if need be even try and reproduce it.

Regards,
    Malar.

Monday, October 20, 2014 2:41 PM
  • I am trying to Connect an Azure account (free trial version) but I get an error when I use my Microsoft account.

While executing the Add-AzureAccount in the Windows Azure PowerShell console I GET THE FOLLOWING ERROR This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms. This is due to the above Group Policy agency implemented. Is there a way to get around without disabling the GP?

michael john ocasio

Monday, October 20, 2014 3:10 PM
  • Hi Michael,

You could refer the following link and check if it is an issue with your PowerShell certificate.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/bigdatasupport/archive/2013/11/21/getting-started-with-hdinsight-powershell-tools-and-sdk.aspx

Also you could refer the following link for assistance with using Windows Azure Storage through PowerShell.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/cbernier/archive/2013/08/22/working-with-azure-storage.aspx

Regards,
    Malar.

• Marked as answer by mjocasio23 Monday, October 20, 2014 5:18 PM
    Monday, October 20, 2014 3:51 PM
  • I did try the other two methods but not with a certificate thinking it would be more complex....

thanks

michael john ocasio

Monday, October 20, 2014 5:17 PM
  • Hi Michael,

I'm glad it worked.

Regards,
    Malar.

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 8:50 AM