none
Multitouch not workin in WPF under Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a Iiyama ProLite T2250MTS Monitor which provides Multitouch (with two points). It works fine in Windows 7, I can use all gestures and everything (windows 7 itself aswell as in programms like bumptop)

Now I wanted to start developing but it does not seem to work in WPF, I registered to various touch (and also stylus and manipulation just to be sure) events but nothing is happening - a touch only fires a mousedown :-/

I tried with the RC and now with Release ... but it's not working.

I tried the previews for .net 3.5 and the Windows Forms Examples where working but not the wpf examples. Also the DigitizerCapabilities Helper from the wrapper confirmed that I have multitouch and integrated touch.

What could be the problem?

Thanks

ernii
    Wednesday, April 14, 2010 9:14 PM

All replies

• Do you have some other touch/pen input device plugged in you box? Bamboo drivers, for one, seem to disable WPF's touch caps.
    http://tozon.info/blogs/andrej
    Thursday, April 22, 2010 6:37 PM
  • WPF4 Touch Events and Manipulations missing!

We have the same issue with TouchBaza MTSAW4L24dW dual touch screen based on KeeTouch MTTGSAW4L24dW screen.

DeviceName: USB Input Device

DeviceID: USB\VID_1AAD&PID_000F&REV_0000

Driver: input.inf (hidclass.sys, hidparse.sys, hidusb.sys)

DeviceName: Microsoft Input Configuration Device

DeviceID: HID\VID_1AAD&PID_000F&REV_0000&Col02

Driver: mtconfig.inf (MTConfig.sys)

It sends WM_TOUCH and WM_GESTURE messages, Paint & Image Viewer & MSIE react properly on the input.

But WPF4 based applications never receive any Touch Events and Manipulations.

There are two instances of wisptis.exe process running on the system.

We have tried both Windows 7 32 bit and Windows 7 64 bit.

Why is that so and how to get the WPF4 Touch Events?

At the same time, Acer T230H creates only USB Input Device, and never any Microsoft Input Configuration Device, and everything works fine even for WPF4 applications.

Monday, August 30, 2010 11:39 AM