How can I suppress webview error messages? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a webview that loads it's content dynamically.  A lot of the webpages it accesses have errors on the page, and these are bubbling up and causing unhandled exceptions in my app.

I didn't have this issue when I was running VS2012 express, but now that I've upgraded to Windows 8 Pro and I'm running VS2012 Ultimate it happens with almost every page that gets loaded.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Friday, August 31, 2012 2:02 AM

Answers

• I think this happens only when running under the debugger in VS2012.  You can disable "script notifications" and you should be fine.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Friday, August 31, 2012 1:49 PM

All replies

• I think this happens only when running under the debugger in VS2012.  You can disable "script notifications" and you should be fine.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Friday, August 31, 2012 1:49 PM
  • Thanks
    Friday, August 31, 2012 6:09 PM