The same error occurs when you deploy FTP to a virtual server. RRS feed

• Question

• User-1404740798 posted

When you publish FTP to a virtual server, the following error appears :

Publish failed due to build error. Check the error list for details. 
    A diagnostic log has been written to the following location : " C\User\ MK\AppData\Local\temp E5CF.tmp "

After that, the file changes every time. My site name is Default Web Site, and the following error appears in the Web publishing operation :

Connecting to ftp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xx/Default Web Site ...
    Unable to create 'ftp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xx/Default Web Site . Cannot create folder " Default Web Site ".

If I try and get the same error, I don't know how to fix it. I'd appreciate your help.

Wednesday, May 16, 2018 7:17 AM

All replies

• User753101303 posted

Hi,

I'm not using FTP but it works with files and folders. So I would expect something such as 'ftp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xx/ or maybe 'ftp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xx/inetpub rather than having a "site name" as part of the ftp path...

Wednesday, May 16, 2018 11:38 AM
  • User-1404740798 posted

Could you be a little more specific?

When you publish to FTP from a visual studio, you must create a server, site path, name, password, and URL.

Do you mean, for a server, type my virtual server, and for a site path, type ftp : //xxx.xxx.xxx.xx/inetpub?

I did, but I still get the same error.

Thursday, May 17, 2018 12:59 AM
  • User753101303 posted

And  what happens if you just try  ftp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xx/ ?

This is a 3rd party or your own IIS site?  if using something like https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/iis/publish/using-the-ftp-service/adding-ftp-publishing-to-a-web-site-in-iis-7 my understanding is that the default site is exposed then with ftp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xx/ .https://forums.iis.net/ might be better for this question.

If a 3rd party have you tried to see their support KB or forum ? Those connection information should be provided by the hosting service.

Thursday, May 17, 2018 6:35 AM