SOAP exception: Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException: There is no Web named "/". RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am getting the following error while trying to access the site collection under its own webapplication with host header set in IIS. 

SOAP exception: Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException: There is no Web named "/". ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x81070504): There is no Web named "/".     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequestInternalClass.OpenSite(String bstrUrl, Boolean bGetUrlOnly, String& pbstrServerRelativeUrl, Guid& pgSiteId, Int32& pOwnerID, Int32& pSecondaryContactID, DateTime& pdtLastContentChange, DateTime& pdtLastSecurityChange)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.OpenSite(String bstrUrl, Boolean bGetUrlOnly, String& pbstrServerRelativeUrl, Guid& pgSiteId, Int32& pOwnerID, Int32& pSecondaryContactID, DateTime& pdtLastContentChange, DateTime& pdtLastSecurityChange)     --- End of inner exception stack trace ---     at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPGlobal.HandleComException(COMException comE...

After I failover the PROD instance of the Content DB to DR and SharePoint Server from PROD to DR, I am receiving these errors. The site collection is hosted on webapplication with the same host header in PROD and DR. If I failback to PROD the site is accessible. 

After receiving the above error, I broke of the mirroring between the content db but still i am unable to access the site collection. I need help to urgently resolve this issue.

regards,

Amit

Friday, March 1, 2013 5:11 AM

Answers

• Hi,

The issue is resolved after I unmounted the content database and mounted it back to the farm. It refreshes the configuration database for the attached content database.

Thanks,

Amit

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 1:52 AM

All replies

• Hi Aammiitt22,

This is maybe caused your content database is corrupted. I suggest you use PowerShell to repair it like the following.

$db = Get-SPDatabase "Content_DB_Name"; #note set this to $true if you want it to actually repair the database. $false will just list what it would repair $db.Repair($false); $db.Update();

----------------------------------------------

Thanks,

Jack

Jack Gao
    TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Jack-Gao Monday, March 4, 2013 7:36 AM
    Monday, March 4, 2013 7:33 AM
  • Content DB is not corrupted.....

Here is the output

<OrphanedObjects Count=”0″ />

Thanks,

Amit

Tuesday, March 5, 2013 2:09 AM
  • Hi,

The issue is resolved after I unmounted the content database and mounted it back to the farm. It refreshes the configuration database for the attached content database.

Thanks,

Amit

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 1:52 AM