Hi

How to Publish Project 

Thanks

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 5:25 PM

All replies

• User288213138 posted

Hi jsshivalik,

How to Publish Project 

Do you want to publish a web side in visual studio?

If so,you can use the Publish tool to publish ASP.NET, ASP.NET Core, .NET Core, and Python apps to a website from Visual Studio.

You can refer to this doc for specific steps: Publish a Web app to a web site using Visual Studio

Best regards,

Sam

Thursday, September 19, 2019 1:26 AM
  • User-797751191 posted

Hi Samwu

I have IIS server . That is accesses by Public Ip . Can u explain me according to this Scenario how to publish.

Secondly wht files are stored on IIs Server after publish. Will it have .cs files also

Thanks

Thursday, September 19, 2019 1:42 PM
  • User475983607 posted

jsshivalik

I have IIS server . That is accesses by Public Ip . Can u explain me according to this Scenario how to publish.

"I have IIS Server" is not specific enough to provide assistance.  If you own the server running IIS and you are using Visual Studio then simply create a publishing profile by following the wizard steps.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/deployment/quickstart-deploy-to-a-web-site?view=vs-2019

If you purchased a hosting services then you'll need to contact the hosting provider for assistance.

jsshivalik

Secondly wht files are stored on IIs Server after publish. Will it have .cs files also

It depends on what kind of project you built.  A Web Forms application is compiled to a DLL and only the bin, aspx files (the files with markup), web.config files are copied to the server. 

Thursday, September 19, 2019 1:56 PM
  • User-797751191 posted

Hi mgebhard

We have our own. Then how i should do. What should be publish method. What should be Server , Destination Url , Username , Password

Secondly what files are copied . If my project in in d:\ & i want in c:\inetpub\wwwroot.

Thanks

Thursday, September 19, 2019 2:17 PM
  • User475983607 posted

First, I recommend actually taking the time to read the linked documentation.  Maybe read it a few times...  Did you click and read through the Web Deploy link which describes how to use Web Platform Installer?

Next, right click the project in solution explorer and select publish.  Since you own the server, you know how to complete the wizard fields.  If you do not know your server login (username and password) then certainly the forum member don't know either.  Perhaps hire someone to help you setup the web server.

Thursday, September 19, 2019 2:29 PM