Appverifier logs RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to use appverifier to debug crash in my application (to be specific while trying to allocate memory  by 'new' at some instance of application even though phone has enough memory).

Able to generate logs , and by using get logs and viewlogs I am able to see that application has leaks and memory corruption but

though it does specify name of function for Potential leak but nothing for      heap corruption or in that case for Mismatched Load/freeLibrary or when it specify leaked handle.

wt to interpret from line

Heap corruption

(app.exe:2A23C82C) 0X2a23c65c: app.exe!(null) + 23c65ch

Regards,

winningbrew
    Wednesday, June 23, 2010 11:16 AM

Answers

All replies

•  
    While building your application,generate the MAP file for your application.To enable this option in VS2005

Project-->Properties-->Configuration Properties-->Linker-->Debugging-->Generate Map File---YES

While opening the log file in the viewer,it will ask for the map file location,select the folder location of your <yourapplication>.map file.

With this you will get the exact function name where leak happens.
    Wednesday, June 23, 2010 11:28 AM
  • It never asked me location of .map file . I had generated .map file file and copied to the location

myApp.map|$(ProjectDir)$(OutDir)|\windows)|0  

and it actually is giving me name of functions in Potential leak tag

but not for Heap Corruption, Leaked Handle tags

So ,

1. Why it never asked for .map file, wt should be rectified.

2. Any Ideas to check for heap corruption debugging. I am working with c++ for windows mobile.

regards,

winningbrew
    Wednesday, June 23, 2010 4:19 PM
  • If you are able to see the function name in viewer,it means .map file has been found by the viewer.

Using Application verifier is good way to find the heap corruption in the application.

Check out this articles for more info on Application verifier usage.

• Marked as answer by warrentang Monday, June 28, 2010 10:32 AM
    Wednesday, June 23, 2010 5:04 PM