All replies

• Hi,

What is the project type currently?

Thanks

Paul Diston
    http://www.smartmobiledevice.co.uk/
    Thursday, November 12, 2009 9:43 AM
  • Hi,

You need not to follow any steps specially to make an exe file if you started the mobile project directly.

Open the project folder -->  Open bin folder  --> Open Debug folder

Here you can find your application exe file.

Please let me know if my understanding is wrong regarding your query.

Regards
    Malleswar

Thursday, November 12, 2009 10:15 AM
  • In the project properties, change the output type to be Windows Application. This will then require to have a static void main() method in your project

• Proposed as answer by Paul Diston Thursday, November 12, 2009 2:04 PM
    • Marked as answer by warrentang Wednesday, November 18, 2009 2:29 AM
    Thursday, November 12, 2009 1:42 PM
  • Hi all

my project type is small mobile send sms to other mobile and it is open source

I want make it set up.

mean when I go to client I want install it as setup file

so, pleas help me

Best regards
    Saturday, November 14, 2009 5:45 AM
  • Hi,

You can either distribute(deploy) your application by making Device installer (CAB) file or Desktop Installer. Check the following links:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa446504.aspx

http://blogs.msdn.com/raffael/archive/2009/04/22/programmatically-discriminate-between-upgrade-or-uninstall-of-a-cab-on-windows-mobile.aspx

Regars,
    Malleswar
    Saturday, November 14, 2009 6:09 AM

• Dear Malleswar,

I tried first link but unfortunately when I reach to step 2 (Add the output of your application project to the cab project) I face problem this problem is there is no item in window of Add project output group

So, I don't know what should I do,

Best Regards

Sunday, November 15, 2009 6:51 AM
  • You need to make sure you add a new "Smart Device Cab Project", not a normal "Cab Project". In addition, the smart devcie cab project need to be in the same Solution as your main project. Also check out the project output type is "Windows Application" as Christian said.

Please mark the post that helps you, and unmark that does not. This benefits our community members.
    Monday, November 16, 2009 6:03 AM
  • Hi every body

First of all thank you very much for your time and effort.

Everything is ok with me but I get confused in step 

Register the .cab file with ActiveSync, so it can deploy from the desktop computer.

I don't understand How can I do it.

Best Regards

Monday, November 16, 2009 12:04 PM
  • Hi,

Actually You have two types of deployment modes.

1) Device Installer(CAB) : After making the cab file, you can simply copy the cab file to the device or emulator and then run (by clicking on that) from there so that it will installed on the device or emulator

2) Desktop Installer (.msi or .exe) : After making this, you can simply run this from your desktop, so that Cab file will be copied( when active sync is connected) and it will run. In this process user need not to copy the cab file to mobile or emulator. your msi will do that.

If you are making desktop installer you have to register the .cab file with active sync. To make desktop installer, they have clearly mentioned step by step. So let us know if you are facing any problem.

Regards,
    Malleswar
    Monday, November 16, 2009 1:08 PM