none
Namespace not referenced RRS feed

• Question

• The System.Data namespace shows seven classes but the System.Data.Linq class is not displayed by IntelliSense in VS Express 2012.  .NET 4.5 is installed.  How do I establish a reference to the proper assembly to use this class?

• Edited by Lloyd O Saturday, September 14, 2013 5:03 PM
    Saturday, September 14, 2013 5:37 AM

Answers

• It isn't referenced in a default Windows.Forms template on my installation either.  If you need it add a reference.
    Saturday, September 14, 2013 6:03 AM
  • Hi Lloyd,

Welcome to MSDN forums.

First, I agree with JohnWein.

I would suggest you have a look at the MSDN document via the link below.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/wkze6zky%28v=vs.90%29.aspx

To save you some time, I will share some information here. You can try to follow the steps below to add a reference into the project.

To add a reference in Visual C#

1.  In Solution Explorer, right-click the project node and click Add Reference.
    2. In the Add Reference dialog box, select the tab indicating the type of component you want to reference.
    3. Select the components you want to reference, and then click OK.

To add a reference in Visual Basic

1.   In Solution Explorer, double-click the My Project node for the project.
    2.   In the Project Designer, click the References tab.
    3.   Click the Add button to open the Add Reference dialog box.
    4.   In the Add Reference dialog box, select the tab indicating the type of component you want to reference.
    5.   Select the components you want to reference, and then click OK.

Please let me know if it works or not. Thanks.

If you have any question, just feel free to let me know.

Regards,

Damon

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, September 16, 2013 6:25 AM

All replies

• It isn't referenced in a default Windows.Forms template on my installation either.  If you need it add a reference.
    Saturday, September 14, 2013 6:03 AM
  • Hi Lloyd,

Welcome to MSDN forums.

First, I agree with JohnWein.

I would suggest you have a look at the MSDN document via the link below.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/wkze6zky%28v=vs.90%29.aspx

To save you some time, I will share some information here. You can try to follow the steps below to add a reference into the project.

To add a reference in Visual C#

1.  In Solution Explorer, right-click the project node and click Add Reference.
    2. In the Add Reference dialog box, select the tab indicating the type of component you want to reference.
    3. Select the components you want to reference, and then click OK.

To add a reference in Visual Basic

1.   In Solution Explorer, double-click the My Project node for the project.
    2.   In the Project Designer, click the References tab.
    3.   Click the Add button to open the Add Reference dialog box.
    4.   In the Add Reference dialog box, select the tab indicating the type of component you want to reference.
    5.   Select the components you want to reference, and then click OK.

Please let me know if it works or not. Thanks.

If you have any question, just feel free to let me know.

Regards,

Damon

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, September 16, 2013 6:25 AM
  • Thank you, Damon.  Your instructions worked. 

Lloyd

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 3:39 PM