MsBuild fails with error MSB4064: the “SourceRootPath” RRS feed

• Question

• User676392983 posted

After migration of our TeamCity installation to new server one of projects stops building, with following errors:

[TransformWebConfigCore] TransformXml 
    [19:36:04][TransformXml] C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v11.0\Web\Microsoft.Web.Publishing.targets(1501, 19): error MSB4064: The "SourceRootPath" parameter is not supported by the "TransformXml" task. Verify the parameter exists on the task, and it is a settable public instance property.
    [19:36:04][TransformXml] C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v11.0\Web\Microsoft.Web.Publishing.targets(1496, 5): error MSB4063: The "TransformXml" task could not be initialized with its input parameters.

On old server the same build configuration runs without any problem

Setting VisualStudioVersion to 10.0  fixed this issue.

Thursday, May 23, 2013 8:51 AM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

Hi AKuryan

After migration of our TeamCity installation to new server one of projects stops building,

You can learn the analysis of this issue from MSBuild in TeamCity of Visual Studio 2012 solution here,

As TeamCity is third party, I think this issue is more suitable for TeamCity community,  you could consider get help from TeamCity community to learn the root of this issue directly, you will get quick response there,

# TeamCity community (http://devnet.jetbrains.com/community/teamcity)

With regards 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, May 28, 2013 2:27 AM

All replies

• User-166373564 posted

Hi AKuryan

After migration of our TeamCity installation to new server one of projects stops building,

You can learn the analysis of this issue from MSBuild in TeamCity of Visual Studio 2012 solution here,

As TeamCity is third party, I think this issue is more suitable for TeamCity community,  you could consider get help from TeamCity community to learn the root of this issue directly, you will get quick response there,

# TeamCity community (http://devnet.jetbrains.com/community/teamcity)

With regards 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, May 28, 2013 2:27 AM
  • User676392983 posted

Thanks for your reply.

I used proposed way on StackOverflow to fix this issue. But what am I actually interested in - why do the issue aroused :)

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 6:23 AM