Customer renewals and data options RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. I have a table with customers and then a table showing their renewal decisions. 

Customers are sorted by start date and their renewal decision has a "year after" date (since 1st year contracts are 1 year). 

I want to use the customer year as the base, but I would like to show the year for renewals on the pivot table. Can I change what the pivot table shows (add 1 year to the labels)? 

Monday, October 24, 2016 9:56 PM

Answers

• What do you mean by 'using the customer year as the base'?

If you have a column with renewal year, you can just use this column in the pivot table and all results will be grouped by the renewal year.

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 7:17 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi AlexMartini,

When we create pivot table, the fields are columns or measures in table. We can’t add one year to the field when we select it shown in pivot table. You can create a calculated column to add 1 year like below formula.

new date= Table[date]+1

Then you can select the new column as field when you create pivot table.

Best Regards,
    Angelia
    Tuesday, October 25, 2016 10:21 AM

All replies

• What do you mean by 'using the customer year as the base'?

If you have a column with renewal year, you can just use this column in the pivot table and all results will be grouped by the renewal year.

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 7:17 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi AlexMartini,

When we create pivot table, the fields are columns or measures in table. We can’t add one year to the field when we select it shown in pivot table. You can create a calculated column to add 1 year like below formula.

new date= Table[date]+1

Then you can select the new column as field when you create pivot table.

Best Regards,
    Angelia
    Tuesday, October 25, 2016 10:21 AM