Tweets Streaming Service unable to write to HBase table on Azure HDInsight HBase cluster RRS feed

• Question

• I am following the Microsoft's Azure documentation Analyze real-time Twitter sentiment with HBase in HDInsight tutorial to create a simple real-time tweets streaming service which will write tweets into a HBase table hosted on Azure HDInsight HBase cluster.

I have set my Twitter app credentials correctly. I am using the latest Microsoft HBase .NET Library and the latest TweetinviAPI .NET C# library (0.9.10.1).

var credential = Auth.SetUserCredentials(TWITTERAPPAPIKEY, TWITTERAPPAPISECRET, TWITTERAPPACCESSTOKEN, TWITTERAPPACCESSTOKENSECRET);
    var stream = Stream.CreateFilteredStream(credential);

I couldn't understand the reason behind why there is no real-time tweets write into my HBase table from my streaming service program.

Appreciate any help!

Thanks in advance.

Sunday, January 24, 2016 10:56 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting in here.
    We are currently researching on this and will keep you posted with the findings.
    We appreciate your patience.

Regards,
    Malar.

Monday, January 25, 2016 9:31 AM
  • Hi Malar,

For your info, I have also posted similar post on StackOverflow.

The author of the Tweetinviapi has advised me to upgrade to the latest version of nuget which I have done.

But the result is still the same and I am still unable to see any streaming tweets being written into the HBase table.

stackoverflow link

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 1:00 AM
  • Hi,

Can you debug the source code and ensure that tweets are coming into the system? It is difficult to track this without a live debug.

Regards.

Debarchan Sarkar - MSFT ( This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.)

Thursday, January 28, 2016 3:47 PM