none
windows Phone Sdk 7.1 Installation - .Net Framework Incompatibility RRS feed

• Question

• I want to install Windows Phone SDK 7.1 on Windows 7 so that i can start developping windows phone apps

This is the error message that i get :

Setup has detected that the following incompatible version of products or components are installed
        on your computer. Please uninstall the following products or components in the specified order:
            * Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended
            * Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile

I used dotnetcleanuputility and i removed all .NET Framework versions.

I also cleaned registry  but i still get the same problem eventhat i can't find .NET Framework 4 in my pc

Is there any way that i can manually remove .NET Framework 4 ?

Thanks in advance

• Moved by Xavier Xie-MSFT Tuesday, July 25, 2017 2:17 AM move to correct forum
    Sunday, July 23, 2017 5:06 PM

All replies

• Hi Amine Messaoudi,

Firstly, Welcome to the Developing Universal Windows apps forum! 

Then, thanks for your posting in this forum.

What you asked is “Is there any way that i can manually remove .NET Framework 4?”.

It actually was a technet issue. It’s out of the scope for this forum. I could only give you some suggestions. E.g, open the control panel -> program and feature -> turn windows feature on or off -> all installed .NET Framework were listed there, to uninstall you just have to uncheck. If my suggestion didn’t solve your issue, please ask your question in technet forum: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/en-us/home

Here, I want to tell you that the windows phone 7.x product was out of the mainstream support end date. You could see from here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/search?alpha=Windows%20Phone%207

I really suggest that you could try to start to develop UWP apps.

The Universal Windows Platform (UWP) is the app platform for Windows 10. You can develop apps for UWP with just one API set, one app package, and one store to reach all Windows 10 devices – PC, tablet, phone, Xbox, HoloLens, Surface Hub and more. It’s easier to support a number of screen sizes, and also a variety of interaction models, whether it be touch, mouse and keyboard, a game controller, or a pen. At the core of UWP apps is the idea that users want their experiences to be mobile across ALL their devices, and they want to use whatever device is most convenient or productive for the task at hand.

Please read Get started with Universal Windows Platform for more details.

Here’re some video tutorials. If you’re interested in developing UWP apps, you could start from these videos.

Best Regards,

Xavier Eoro

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 24, 2017 6:42 AM
  • Thank you for your answer but right now i just want to develop WP apps on Windows 7

I can't install Windows Phone SDK 7.1 because it says that NET Framework 4 is incompatible and should be removed.

But i have looked and searched and it's not even there

Monday, July 24, 2017 4:27 PM
  • Hi Amine,

>>Is there any way that i can manually remove .NET Framework 4 ?

you could use the tool msiinv tool to find it and run this command from an admin prompt Msiexec.exe to uninstall it.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 9:17 AM