none
Flashing lights when alerts have been rised up

Question

• Hi

I'm working on deploying a dashboard to monitor a system and I wondered if there's some way of showing on the screen with a red flashing light wrether an alarm is active? I've seen that there's an option for having webhooks, so as an alternative, the lights could be on an external website, but I'd like to know if this is a feature that azure offers/will offer? Or if there's an alternative to represent in a visual way the status of each individual alarm.

Regards.
    Friday, January 11, 2019 10:19 AM

Answers

• Thanks for reaching out to us!

I would have to say that there are not many options to achieve the said scenario directly. Alerting in Azure Monitor is designed to operate as a mechanism that proactively notifies you of critical conditions so you can identify and address issues before the users of your system notice them.

It is indeed true that Webhooks can be used to route these notifications to other systems for post-processing or custom actions. However, with the Unified alerts experience in Azure Monitor, alerts can now trigger Voice Calls, Azure Functions, Logic Apps, SMS, and ITSM Tools like ServiceNow and Automation Runbooks. This blog post talks about the New full stack monitoring capabilities in Azure Monitor. Hence there are many more options that one can explore and configure to customize alerts as per the use case.

If none of these options help, but you feel that your requirement can benefit other Azure Users, please submit your suggestion here:

https://feedback.azure.com/forums/357324-application-insights

Friday, January 11, 2019 6:09 PM

All replies

• Thanks for reaching out to us!

I would have to say that there are not many options to achieve the said scenario directly. Alerting in Azure Monitor is designed to operate as a mechanism that proactively notifies you of critical conditions so you can identify and address issues before the users of your system notice them.

It is indeed true that Webhooks can be used to route these notifications to other systems for post-processing or custom actions. However, with the Unified alerts experience in Azure Monitor, alerts can now trigger Voice Calls, Azure Functions, Logic Apps, SMS, and ITSM Tools like ServiceNow and Automation Runbooks. This blog post talks about the New full stack monitoring capabilities in Azure Monitor. Hence there are many more options that one can explore and configure to customize alerts as per the use case.

If none of these options help, but you feel that your requirement can benefit other Azure Users, please submit your suggestion here:

https://feedback.azure.com/forums/357324-application-insights

Friday, January 11, 2019 6:09 PM
  • Hi AK987,

Have you had a chance to check if any of the above options help? Please let us know otherwise and we'll be happy to assist you!
    Monday, January 14, 2019 8:49 AM