none
Help With ReportViewer RRS feed

• Question

• I have several projects that require reports with data from multiple tables. I had been trying to build them in the imbedded report wizard in VS2008, but I can't get it to work right. So I downloaded report builder 3.0 and built one of them, it was a lot easier. But when I tried to move it from report builder 3.0 to VS2008 (by changing the file extension from rdl to rdlc), I received several errors. VS2008 was not able to render the report in design view, nor was it able to build it due to the 2010 report definition problem. So I downgraded to report builder 2.0, similar problem. I have been looking for Report builder 1.0, but have not been able to find a download for it anywhere. I've also been looking to upgrade the reportviewer to 10.0. I have been looking for some kind of solutin for days.

I need one of the following:

Download location for report builder 1.0

Upgrade VS2008 reportviewer to 10.0

convert the report to a 2005 report definition so that it can be render by reportviewer 9.0

Pertinent information:

Windows 7 (both 64 bit and 32 bit OS)

Visual Studio 2008 standard (VB)

Sql server 2008 exprees w/service pack 2

No report server (and not planning on it as all of my reports will be ran from the local host)

Any help with any of the possible solution would be appreciated.

Monday, April 11, 2011 10:16 PM

Answers

• Probably not the answer you want to hear: going from RDL to RDLC is not supported.

Designing and displaying RDLC reports are indeed more complicated because the ReportViewer is a developer product. To find working samples on how to use RDLC reports, see http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/reportviewer.

Cephas Lin This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.
    • Marked as answer by gspeed316 Wednesday, May 4, 2011 9:26 PM
    Tuesday, April 12, 2011 3:04 PM

All replies

• Probably not the answer you want to hear: going from RDL to RDLC is not supported.

Designing and displaying RDLC reports are indeed more complicated because the ReportViewer is a developer product. To find working samples on how to use RDLC reports, see http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/reportviewer.

Cephas Lin This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.
    • Marked as answer by gspeed316 Wednesday, May 4, 2011 9:26 PM
    Tuesday, April 12, 2011 3:04 PM
  • Is there any program that can build an RDLC report that can be copy/moved into VS2008 Standard?
    Tuesday, April 12, 2011 8:09 PM