none
Old Code Signing Certificates RRS feed

• Question

• When I'm coding signing a template project I'm seeing expired certificates in the list that Word displays when choosing a certificate.

Is there some place to delete those "old" ones?

Thanks!
    Ken

Thursday, December 8, 2016 4:18 PM

Answers

• Hi Ken,

Do you mean you could not find the old certificate in MMC? If so, do you open certificate for My User Account or Computer Account? As my test, my certificate would be removed in Macro sign list by the way in my first reply. Did you find the old certificate in IE certificates?

Best Regards,

Edward

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by KenKrugh Thursday, December 15, 2016 12:13 PM
    Thursday, December 15, 2016 5:54 AM

All replies

• Hi Ken,

>> Is there some place to delete those "old" ones?

Yes, you could delete them. Do you want to delete them manually or program?

If you want to delete them manually, you could follow Open IE->Tools->Internet Options->Content->Certificates-> Click Advanced->Check Code Signing and Click OK-> Select Intended purpose as <Advanced Purposes>-> Choose the certificates what you want to delete- Click Remove

If you want to delete them by code, there is no Office Object model to achieve this, I suggest you refer the link below.

# How to programmatically remove the digital signature from VBA macros in Excel?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1201195/how-to-programmatically-remove-the-digital-signature-from-vba-macros-in-excel

Best Regards,

Edward

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 9, 2016 3:10 AM
  • Thanks for the reply!

I did as you suggested but the old / expired certificate still shows in Word VBA.

Friday, December 9, 2016 4:19 PM
  • Hi KenKrugh,

How did you check certificate in Word VBA? If it did not work for you, I think you need to remove it from Certificate Manager.

Best Regards,

Edward

MSDN Community Support

Monday, December 12, 2016 7:42 AM
  • I'm still seeing the old certificate when in VBA editor I go to select a certificate to sign a macro project.

Yeah, I thought of that and I've opened MMC, added the certificate snap-in and searched but it's only coming up with the new one.

There must be something I'm missing?

Thanks again,
    Ken

Wednesday, December 14, 2016 6:09 PM
  • Hi Ken,

Do you mean you could not find the old certificate in MMC? If so, do you open certificate for My User Account or Computer Account? As my test, my certificate would be removed in Macro sign list by the way in my first reply. Did you find the old certificate in IE certificates?

Best Regards,

Edward

MSDN Community Support

• Marked as answer by KenKrugh Thursday, December 15, 2016 12:13 PM
    Thursday, December 15, 2016 5:54 AM
  • Thanks Edward the account is what I was missing in mmc. I incorrectly thought that choose "Computer Account" would give me ALL certificates on the "computer" and hadn't thought to try my user account.

Thanks again!

Thursday, December 15, 2016 12:15 PM