none
WMV files in Web Expression RRS feed

• Question

• Good Morning,

Our Head of IT in School is encountering an error when importing a Windows Media file. She notes, once importing the file it will not run in the browser.

Also she notes, after text is inserted into some tables, it is changing the size by itself.

I will try to get more info today, though wondering can anyone help?

Thanks

Monday, February 22, 2016 9:12 AM

All replies

• Help with how sites look can only be given by publishing the problem page and giving us a link.

I'll point out that table cells will resize to fit the contents.  It's the nature of HTML tables.

Also, be clear about what the error is: you say "an error when importing", then you say "it doesn't run in the browser".  These are two different things.   Importing just copies any file you select into your website folder, and doesn't do anything to make it a file your page will display.   If you mean you used "Insert -> Media - Windows Media Player" to put the video in your page, that will work - but only in IE.   Most browsers don't know anything about playing Microsoft's proprietary type="video/x-ms-wmv" format. It's the wrong choice of format unless this site is for a captive audience that only uses IE.

Please ask the person who is using EW to come to this forum to ask questions and answer ours.  We might growl sometimes but we don't bite.  : )

Kathleen Wilber
    BrightWillow - ASP.NET applications

Monday, February 22, 2016 3:13 PM
  • Thank you Kathleen,

ill speak to the Teacher now and see what else I can extract or even get her to upload or reply below.

thanks

Monday, February 22, 2016 3:43 PM