none
geting System.ServiceModel.FaultException RRS feed

• Question

• I have creadted wcf web role and hosted my service on windows azure, Now I have a windows phone 8 client. when I just click on a button to insert the values to database from phone to database using wcf web role I just get this exception.

here is the service link http://lifespotazureservice.cloudapp.net/Service1.svc

{System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[System.ServiceModel.ExceptionDetail]: Format of the initialization string does not conform to specification starting at index 113. (Fault Detail is equal to An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
    System.ArgumentException: Format of the initialization string does not conform to specification starting at index 113.
       at System.Data.Common.DbConnectionOptions.GetKeyValuePair(String connectionString, Int32 currentPosition, StringBuilder buffer, Boolean useOdbcRules, String& keyname, String& keyvalue)
       at System.Data.Common.DbConnectionOptions.ParseInternal(Hashtable parsetable, String connectionString, Boolean buildChain, Hashtable synonyms, Boolean firstKey)
       at System.Data.Common.DbConnectionOptions..ctor(String connectionString, Hashtable synonyms, Boolean useOdbcRules)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionString..ctor(String connectionString)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnectionOptions(String connectionString, DbConnectionOptions previous)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnectionPoolGroup(DbConnectionPoolKey key, DbConnectionPoolGroupOptions p...).}

Friday, October 25, 2013 8:33 PM

Answers

• Hi,

>>Format of the initialization string does not conform to specification starting at index 113

The following error may occur when you can connect the database, please try to check your connection string.

Commonly used Connection Strings:
    SQL Server 2012:

Standard Security

Server=myServerAddress;Database=myDataBase;User Id=myUsername;Password=myPassword;

Trusted Connection

Server=myServerAddress;Database=myDataBase;Trusted_Connection=True;

Connection to a SQL Server instance

The server/instance name syntax used in the server option is the same for all SQL Server connection strings.

Server=myServerName\myInstanceName;Database=myDataBase;User Id=myUsername;
    Password=myPassword;

SQL Server 2005:

Standard Security

Server=myServerAddress;Database=myDataBase;User Id=myUsername;Password=myPassword;

Trusted Connection

Server=myServerAddress;Database=myDataBase;Trusted_Connection=True;

Connection to a SQL Server instance

The server/instance name syntax used in the server option is the same for all SQL Server connection strings.

Server=myServerName\myInstanceName;Database=myDataBase;User Id=myUsername;Password=myPassword

Here is a blog for you to refer to:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/spike/archive/2009/10/30/format-of-the-initialization-string-does-not-conform-to-specification-starting-at-index.aspx .

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, October 28, 2013 2:35 AM