the Application Data folder for Microsoft Visual web developer 2010 Express could not be created. RRS feed

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

"%programfiles%\Microsoft Visual Studio 10\Common7\IDE\VWDExpress.exe" /setup

it shows the system can not find the path specified

Please uninstall VWD 2010, and download and reinstall it again,  you can get Visual Web Developer 2010 Express from hyperlink at the end of this blog using WPI.

In my opinion,  you could consider downloading and installing Visual Studio Community edition. There is latest MVC version(MVC 6), it is more suitable for your choice. More information: https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/products/visual-studio-community-vs.aspx 

With regards,

Angie

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, October 13, 2015 8:14 AM

All replies

• User-166373564 posted

Hi,

the Application Data folder for Microsoft Visual web developer 2010 Express could not be created.

Generally it's recommended to use the following steps to repair the Visual Studio registration on your system and resolve this error:

1. Click on the Start menu, choose All Programs, then Accessories
    2. Right-click on the item named Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator
    3. Click continue to launch an elevated command prompt
    4. Run "%programfiles%\Microsoft Visual Studio 10\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe" /setup

In my opinion, you can get Visual Web Developer 2010 Express from hyperlink at the end of this blog using WPI.

With regards,

Angie

Thursday, October 8, 2015 11:12 PM
  • User-275103205 posted

ok. i do not have devenv.exe . so i tried VWDExpress.exe 

Friday, October 9, 2015 12:16 AM
  • User-275103205 posted

i wanted to repair the software . it was trying to install 15 items .then it showed the following errors 

repair error

while installation it only installs  two items 

Friday, October 9, 2015 6:45 AM
  • User-166373564 posted

Please uninstall VWD 2010, and download and reinstall it again,  you can get Visual Web Developer 2010 Express from hyperlink at the end of this blog using WPI.

In my opinion,  you could consider downloading and installing Visual Studio Community edition. There is latest MVC version(MVC 6), it is more suitable for your choice. More information: https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/products/visual-studio-community-vs.aspx 

With regards,

Angie

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, October 13, 2015 8:14 AM