"Clone Stamp" tool in Design? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys. this could be a no-brainer. I have recently switched from Photoshop to Design and am loving it. really clad i switched. But one tool I can't seem to find a replacement for is Photoshop's Clone Stamp. If you don't know, its a tool that allows cloning of small areas of an image, so an example of when I used it is for pic I took in a local shop. i made their website for them and the pics are of their stock. I often find price tags visible in the finished shot and have to remove them by cloning another part of the object over the price tag area.

Is there a way to do this in Design? Thanks.

Thursday, September 17, 2009 7:46 AM

Answers

• Again, try to remember that Expression Design in its current state is not intended to be a replacement to Photoshop. Its closest competitor would Adobe Illustrator. Expression Design a vector graphics design application first intended to work hand in hand with Expression Blend. Anything it can do with bitmaps is considered icing on the cake.

The developers have heard the feedback from customers that want full bitmapping support back into ED. But I would always encourage you to take a couple of minutes to submit feedback asking, stating, even demanding what you would like to see added back into Expression Design.

https://connect.microsoft.com/default.aspx

Will Buffington
    Microsoft Expression Support
    • Marked as answer by Andy Bertaut Monday, September 21, 2009 8:28 AM
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 3:40 PM

All replies

• in design 1 I try to find a part similar to the part I want change and make a clipping path of it in the layer palette I only select the rectangle crop it and save it and import it over the part I want to hide here you see it zoomed in
    another method in design 1 is
    go to object- create image object- go over a part that suits and pay attention to  use the same dpi settings as the original image create it and move it over the part you want to hide it is a more simple way to work

• Proposed as answer by germaine1 Thursday, September 17, 2009 10:47 AM
    • Edited by germaine1 Thursday, September 17, 2009 11:15 AM added text
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 10:46 AM
  • Hi germaine1, thanks for the reply!

Your first answer is what i have done, too, when I needed to. It works, but is a tad long-winded, especially given the fact you have to export/import once you've cropped instead of being able to copy/paste.

I'll definitely try your second idea tonight. Looks like this is a tool Design could benefit from.

Thanks again

Andy

Thursday, September 17, 2009 11:25 AM
  • Again, try to remember that Expression Design in its current state is not intended to be a replacement to Photoshop. Its closest competitor would Adobe Illustrator. Expression Design a vector graphics design application first intended to work hand in hand with Expression Blend. Anything it can do with bitmaps is considered icing on the cake.

The developers have heard the feedback from customers that want full bitmapping support back into ED. But I would always encourage you to take a couple of minutes to submit feedback asking, stating, even demanding what you would like to see added back into Expression Design.

https://connect.microsoft.com/default.aspx

Will Buffington
    Microsoft Expression Support
    • Marked as answer by Andy Bertaut Monday, September 21, 2009 8:28 AM
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 3:40 PM
  • Thanks Will.
    I understand what you mean about Design being more akin to Illustrator (which I actually never used), and I have taken your suggestion and submitted some feedback.

Andy
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 4:23 PM