1 Email, Mutiple Task Reminders RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I have a task list where some users are assigned 10 or more task, currently I send them email reminders via work flow gen, but instead of getting 1 email with all 10 task, they get 10 emails with 1 task. My question is, is there any way for them to get 1 email with all the task assigned to them. Please let me know, thank you.

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Saturday, July 23, 2011 6:13 AM question on using workflow - presumably spd workflow as this was posted to the design/customization forum which is for spd issues *except* wf (From:SharePoint - Design and Customization (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Friday, July 22, 2011 6:54 PM

Answers

• Hi Ray,

Workflow is hard to get it. And if the workflow start when an item created or changed, it would generate many repetitive content.

You can achieve this with "Alert me". User can create a daily summary and make it send me a alert when a task assigned to me.

Regards, Rock Wang Microsoft Online Community Support
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 11:44 AM

All replies

• What you are looking for is that you will assign task but then one email will be sent out with the list of tasks. If this is the requirement, then I would suggest you implement this through WWF.

That way you can have the tasks created and assigned to individual and then write a custom email sending funtionality to read through the persistant DB database and send out emails.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 1:02 AM
  • Hi Ray,

Workflow is hard to get it. And if the workflow start when an item created or changed, it would generate many repetitive content.

You can achieve this with "Alert me". User can create a daily summary and make it send me a alert when a task assigned to me.

Regards, Rock Wang Microsoft Online Community Support
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 11:44 AM