Windows 10 App Certification RRS feed

• Question

• I am looking to certify my self developed software application as being a Windows Compatible product. I am not looking to put my application into the Microsoft Store. Ultimately I am looking to put the Windows logo on my website for promotional/marketing use signifying to my customers of my software's compatibility with the Windows 10 Pro OS, Version 1909.

What process/steps/guides are available in order for me to go about obtaining this compatibility certification I am looking for?

Please advise.

Thank you.

Thursday, August 13, 2020 12:10 PM

All replies

• Hi,

No, there is no such process could do that. You just need to do that by your own to make sure your app could run correctly in windows.

Best regards.

Roy

"Developing Universal Windows apps" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Developing Universal Windows apps" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Friday, August 14, 2020 2:45 AM
  • https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/win_cert/windows-certification-portal

Please clarify what this certification is.

Tuesday, August 25, 2020 12:07 PM
  • Hi,

The document you gave belongs to win32 app. 

Please check the first note of the document. It says 'Certification for Win32 desktop apps is deprecated.

Thank you.

"Developing Universal Windows apps" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Developing Universal Windows apps" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Wednesday, August 26, 2020 2:52 AM
  • I'm not sure if Win32 Desktops are viable long term. 
    Friday, August 28, 2020 10:59 AM