none
Exchange 2010 Public folder redirection issue RRS feed

• Question

• I had 2 exch 2003 servers, different admin groups, different domains.  I added an exch 2010 server to (soon) replace 1<sup>st</sup> 2003 exch server.  All was fine.  Weeks later, add the 2<sup>nd</sup> exch 2010 server to different domain, and it went well, I thought. 

Problem, my second Exch2010 server Public folder in domain B, is pointing to my first Exch 2003 PF domain A.  If I dismount my Exch2003 svr in domain A, Domain B exch 2010 mailbox users have no PFs

My problem is that the mailbox users can’t access the local PF on the exch 2010 server.

When I setup the PF replication on the 1<sup>st</sup> exch 2010 server, I ran PFDAVAdmin on the 2003 svr and repl to the new 2010 svr, no problems I think.

When I setup the PF replication on the 2<sup>nd</sup>  exch 2010 server, I ran PFDAVAdmin on the 1<sup>st</sup> 2003 svr and repl to the new 2010 svr and it didn’t work.  I got a msExchOwningPFTreeBL error.  So I used Exchange Manger on the 1<sup>st</sup> exch 2003 server and setup replication that way.  I did see the Public folder DB file grow to size, but the clients on that exchange server don’t access it.

How do I change the setup so that users on the 2<sup>nd</sup> mailbox server use it’s own public folder…?

NOTE both exch 2010 svr hold the mailbox, hub, and client roles.  No UM or edge exch svrs.

Tom Karpowski...

Sunday, August 18, 2013 5:22 AM