none
Redirection on Complete task RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have created a SharePoint designer 2010 workflow. I have "Collect Data from user" activity configured. Using the Task wizard I create two form fields 1) Approval Status 2) Comments.

'Approval Status' fiels has 3 values to select from a) Approved b) Rejected c) Edit. Everything seems to be working fine except one thing which I am not able to implement.

The requirement is that once the approver selects 'Edit' from the 'Approval Status' dropdown and clicks 'Complete Task' button on the Task Infopath form(OOTB form), it should take him to home page. If approver selects 'Approved/Rejected' it should come back to Task list.

Options that I have thought of:

1) I have thought of putting 'Source' in query string in '_layouts/WrkTaskIP.aspx' but since the URL to navigate is decided based on what Approver selects, this does not seem a feasible option.

2)I thought of opening the task form and writing code to redirect but when I open the form, the 'Custom Code' button in the ribbon is disabled, even if I have VSTA installed.

Can any one point me out to any direction because I'm kind of lost here?

-Shiv

Shiv Shankar Kumar
    Monday, April 11, 2011 9:06 AM