none
SccProviderPackage Dialog in launch Visual Studio 2015

Question

• I try launch Visual Studio 2015 after install Update 3 KB3165756 and get this:

I try remove all updates, restore windows, reinstall update, repair and uninstall Visual Studio and still this error. :(

Tuesday, October 4, 2016 6:50 PM

Answers

• Hi arie.luba,

Based on the latest messages during you run your VS in safe mode, I also research this dll file in my VS2015 with update 3 machine, but I couldn't find this package in my side.

Do you install the TFS in your VS2015 machine? I know that the TFS also has his own update packages, do you install the latest package for your TFS.

Of course, we also need to make sure that it is not the VS setup file issue firstly, I suggest you re-download the VS2015 ISO file(include the update 3), please make sure that the ISO file is healthy, and then re-install it again:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/fc5bdc4a-7a08-479d-9687-0be163d8113c/createinstance-failed-for-package-microsoftvisualstudioteamfoundationteamfoundationhost?forum=tfsgeneral 

Before you re-download and install it, please also test it using the following command lines:

devenv /resetuserdata

devenv /ResetSettings

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by ArieLub Wednesday, October 5, 2016 11:27 AM
    Wednesday, October 5, 2016 8:54 AM

All replies

• Hi arie.luba,

Generally it means that certain extension tools meet the loaded issue.

Of course, you could run your VS in safe mode, check it again:

Devenv.exe /SafeMode

Do you install certain extension tool which was related to the Git or TFS in your VS IDE?

You could also disable/remove the extension tools under TOOLS->Extensions and Updates, check it again.

You could also repair it if we make sure that which extension tool really impacts the VS IDE.

Some members meet this package loaded error which was related to the cache, you could also clean up, check it in your side:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23587666/visual-studio-crashing-when-checking-in

Best Regards,

Jack 

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, October 5, 2016 5:23 AM
  • Hi arie.luba,

Generally it means that certain extension tools meet the loaded issue.

Of course, you could run your VS in safe mode, check it again:

Devenv.exe /SafeMode

Do you install certain extension tool which was related to the Git or TFS in your VS IDE?

You could also disable/remove the extension tools under TOOLS->Extensions and Updates, check it again.

You could also repair it if we make sure that which extension tool really impacts the VS IDE.

Some members meet this package loaded error which was related to the cache, you could also clean up, check it in your side:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23587666/visual-studio-crashing-when-checking-in

Best Regards,

Jack 

In "Devenv.exe /SafeMode" it so:

After  click "Yes":

I not install extension tool which was related to the Git or TFS (I install default only from VS setup).
    I try clean cache and still this problem.

Wednesday, October 5, 2016 8:21 AM
  • Hi arie.luba,

Based on the latest messages during you run your VS in safe mode, I also research this dll file in my VS2015 with update 3 machine, but I couldn't find this package in my side.

Do you install the TFS in your VS2015 machine? I know that the TFS also has his own update packages, do you install the latest package for your TFS.

Of course, we also need to make sure that it is not the VS setup file issue firstly, I suggest you re-download the VS2015 ISO file(include the update 3), please make sure that the ISO file is healthy, and then re-install it again:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/fc5bdc4a-7a08-479d-9687-0be163d8113c/createinstance-failed-for-package-microsoftvisualstudioteamfoundationteamfoundationhost?forum=tfsgeneral 

Before you re-download and install it, please also test it using the following command lines:

devenv /resetuserdata

devenv /ResetSettings

Best Regards,

Jack

• Marked as answer by ArieLub Wednesday, October 5, 2016 11:27 AM
    Wednesday, October 5, 2016 8:54 AM