none
How to ship new version of an App for Office at a new SourceLocation RRS feed

• Question

• I am going to ship a new version of my Office Add-in (I guess that's what they're called now), and to avoid disruption to the existing version at this time I am deploying it to a new URL, i.e https//whatever.com/myapp/v2.

To make the switch effective for customers, do I just change the SourceLocation in my manifest and resubmit it to the office store? I'm wondering if the old app will have to remain live for some time, i.e. how customer's manifests will be updated in their environments.

I also wonder if I use the same Id in the manifest and just bump up the version; that'd make sense to me anyway.
    Tuesday, September 22, 2015 9:06 PM

All replies

• Hi Afield42,

>>To make the switch effective for customers, do I just change the SourceLocation in my manifest and resubmit it to the office store? <<

Based on my understanding, we need to edit the Office add-in via the Seller Dashboard and submit it for go through the approval process. You can get more detail about this topic from link below:

Update, unpublish, and view app and add-in metrics in the Seller Dashboard

Since this issue is more relative to publish, I would like to move it to Publishing Apps for the Office Store forum.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 3:09 AM
  • Fei Xue,

Thanks, that article does help. However, I'm still not sure of the mechanics of how customers will get the new updated manifest. Will Office download the new manifest for them the next time they use the app?

I would like to know this because I want to understand when I can retire the version of the app hosted at the old SourceLocation.

• Edited by afield42 Wednesday, September 23, 2015 9:40 PM
    Wednesday, September 23, 2015 9:39 PM