Windows Phone 7 app and marketplace titles RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I just recently got into developing applications for Windows Phone 7 and I had a few questions about the titles of the applications and how they relate to the marketplace and on the phone.

For example, the "Title" attribute in the App node of the WMAppManifest.xml file, is it used in the Marketplace, just on the phone, or both?

Any assistance or clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    Ryan

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 4:29 PM

Answers

• The "Title" attribute, of the <App ... node, is used in both Marketplace and on the phone, in the app list.
    note: You may find old posts which indicate that Marketplace uses the app title you give when submitting the app but this is no longer the case.

There is also a customizable Title property for the app Token which is the text displayed when the user pins the app to the start page. 
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 6:42 PM

All replies

• The "Title" attribute, of the <App ... node, is used in both Marketplace and on the phone, in the app list.
    note: You may find old posts which indicate that Marketplace uses the app title you give when submitting the app but this is no longer the case.

There is also a customizable Title property for the app Token which is the text displayed when the user pins the app to the start page. 
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 6:42 PM
  • Eric,

Thank you for your post. That is exactly what I was looking for.
    Your assistance is greatly appreciated!

Ryan

Thursday, September 29, 2011 3:02 PM