Update Unicode Please ?! RRS feed

• General discussion

• Why is that a multibillion corporation cannot update a simple unicode on windows, and for this reason, emojjis show nicely on some android phone, and like gray worthless pics on windows 10?

Sounds like unicode set on windows is outdated by several years atleast, and its sad.

Sunday, July 19, 2020 7:52 AM

All replies

• Nothing is outdated.

You can use color fonts on Windows : Color Fonts

Sunday, July 19, 2020 8:30 AM
  • Well:

Looks fine to me.

Unicode support in Windows is good. Individual applications tend to be the problem.

This is a signature. Any samples given are not meant to have error checking or show best practices. They are meant to just illustrate a point. I may also give inefficient code or introduce some problems to discourage copy/paste coding. This is because the major point of my posts is to aid in the learning process.

Sunday, July 19, 2020 11:43 AM
  • Thank you for posting this useful feedback information.

Could you describe your specific problem in details, and provide a minimal sample that can reproduce the problem.

Thanks for understanding

Best Regards,

Drake

This “General Windows Desktop Development Issues” Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details. 

"Win32 API" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A !
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Win32 API" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A !
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Monday, July 20, 2020 2:25 AM