Filmmakers' apps? RRS feed

• Question

• Dear MS!

When are we going to have some usefull apps for filmmakers (or photographers) in the marketplace?! The most important app would be the sun seeker app (what iphone, and android users already have), but a simple slate would also be important! I love the OS, it's reliable, fast, and fluid, but as a professional filmmaker I can't wait too long to have these apps. So if I won't have it in the near future, I'll might change for another phone (ecosystem) soon :-(

Thanks!

Best!

Adam

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 8:48 AM

Answers

All replies

• Dear MS!

When are we going to have some usefull apps for filmmakers (or photographers) in the marketplace?! The most important app would be the sun seeker app (what iphone, and android users already have), but a simple slate would also be important! I love the OS, it's reliable, fast, and fluid, but as a professional filmmaker I can't wait too long to have these apps. So if I won't have it in the near future, I'll might change for another phone (ecosystem) soon :-(

Thanks!

Best!

Adam

After this post I'm sure everyone at Microsoft will scramble building such an app for you to avoid losing you.

weichhold.com

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 11:25 AM
  • Hi Adam,

As an Developer I look for viable concept to design, so if you want to drop me an email with what you would like I do a feasibility on creating this as an app.

Brett

Dream Building Pty Ltd

Brett Styles

Saturday, October 13, 2012 10:35 AM
  • Hi Adam,

I am in the film industry and have a Lumia 920 phone and would love to have the kind of film/video apps available to the iPhone and Android phones. Sadly it's not Microsoft who makes the apps it's the independent artists who make them. I have asked a few companies making apps for movie production and the general consensus is their is, 1.) there is not a a large enough install base in the Windows phone space compared to the iPhone and Android phones and 2.) It is too time consuming to work on and bring their products to a third platform. To me that is a cop out as the artists are limiting themselves but I understand if they do not have the man power to fix this issue which sucks for us. I love my Windows phone so I will not be switching back to the iPhone anytime soon so my only option is to purchase an iPad which again, sucks. Right when Microsoft finally has me checking out the new Windows platforms (phone 8 and Surface RT/Pro).

J.B.

Friday, January 4, 2013 5:56 PM
  • If you are looking for an ecosystem may I propose you try a Subsurface Lithoautotrophic Microbial Ecosystem or SLIME for short.

Please mark as answer, Thank you.

Saturday, January 5, 2013 2:36 AM
  • Thank you for your suggestions. This forum is for developers needing assistance publishing apps.

May I suggest the Answers site for consumer questions? http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

-Eric

Friday, January 11, 2013 2:30 AM