none
Windows Vitrual PC can't support Dual Layer DVD ISO file? RRS feed

• Question

• Sorry in advance guys, I can't find any forum better than this one.

I have extracted a file by mounting the ISO to the DVD drive in Windows Virtual PC (Win7 32bits), and compare with the results that I extracted using Win ISO. They are different :(

My host pc does not have a Dual Layer DVD rom. Is that the reason I can't mount that Dual Layered ISO to VPC? But it doesn't give any error when mounting.

TIA.

Saturday, December 17, 2011 2:09 AM

All replies

• Hello

For these ISO images that you can't directly mount in VPC/Virtual Server, you can often use a CD/DVD emulator such as Daemon Tools (free, http://www.daemon-tools.cc/eng/home  ) or any other emulator as you wish. 

Please let me know if you have any queries. 

Cheers 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Saturday, January 21, 2012 3:59 PM
  • The problem is that it can be mounted without any error.

But you will find a lot of strange error (Not from the OS, but from the Application that you are installing / media that you a playing) when using it, you will always suspect the ISO image is corrupted, and kept on asking the originator to re-send a good copy.

This problem is very annoying. I hope VPC can at least inform user that the ISO image is too large and is not supported.

Monday, August 19, 2013 5:44 AM