none
TAPI Client not working in windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

I am facing some strange behavior at one of our clients. The problem is: from TAPI Client machines, the extension lines are getting disappeared. 

Now as client machines are windows 10 and it has a dialer (which is developed by some third party company and not the Microsoft) which has some bugs. It was working fine until we updated from windows 7 to windows 10.

Then I run TCMSETUP command on each of the client machines so that I can see the extension lines. And everything works fine. 

But suddenly problem starts appearing as sometimes wen client system boots the line got disappeared and user can’t see extension line in dialer. They also have a terminal server where some of the users login from there thin client; on the terminal server suddenly lines got disappeared any time. 

In short, the system is not stable. I read through the TAPI material and also on Microsoft site that once we run TCMSETUP command, we do not need to run it again as its persistent. But in my case once line got disappeared we again need to run it on client machine manually to have lines back to place. 

As a work around, what we did is, we put the command in Task Scheduler, so whenever system starts, the task will automatically runs and setup the TAPI client. But that also doesn’t help us many times. 

It’s becoming very annoying to our users to use this unstable system. If anyone knows how to debug this situation and make it stable, please help me. Its really urgent.

Following is the error showing on my TAPI Client;

Wednesday, May 23, 2018 7:56 PM

All replies

• I'm having the same problem. Did you find a solution to this problem?
    Wednesday, October 31, 2018 2:20 PM
  • Hello,

I have another problem but I think it s the same

When Computer start; sometines, the service "TapiSrv" is out...???

If I start my computer without LAN, then I connect my computer to the lan, the service "TapiSrv" is out...

the only solution is to restart this service in order to ask TAPI with our api... but it's not a real solution!

any idea?

Wednesday, April 3, 2019 10:25 AM