none
Use Entity Framework with SQL server's Linked Servers and stored procedures RRS feed

• Question

• <p>Greetings,</p><p>I would like to know how to use Entity Framework with Linked Servers, representing data tables from other platforms, inside&nbsp; SQL Server stored procedures.</p><p>The Entity Framework will work with a SQL Server database and stored procedures but the data tables are represented by Linked Servers from other platforms like FoxPro free tables or MS Access or others.</p><p>there are EF drivers for some of the other platforms but prefer to stay in the SQL Server environment.</p><p>Thanks In Advance</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p></p>
    Monday, March 12, 2018 2:04 AM

All replies

• Hi Pierre_S,

Based on your description, I create a simple and try to mapping Link Server Database, it seems that i could not find related linked server in Connection Properties. it seems that we could use entity framework Raw SQL to use Linked Servers and stored procedures. For more information, please refer to:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj592907%28v=vs.113%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Best regards,

Zhanglong

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 12, 2018 6:08 AM
  • Hi Zhanglong,

Thank you for the tip, it looks promising. I will do some tests with it and see how it work out.

Best Regards,

Pierre Shirvan

Pierre Shirvan

Tuesday, March 13, 2018 5:23 AM
  • Hi Pierre_S,

Is there any update? does it work for you?

Best regards,

Zhanglong

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 15, 2018 8:42 AM