I was promised.a galileo. RRS feed

• Question

• Many months ago I was told that I was suitable for a Galileo and I'd be told when it would ship to me. Am I getting it or does living in NZ mean I miss out?

David98xp

Thursday, December 18, 2014 8:20 AM

Answers

All replies

• Unfortunately, they were not able to fulfill all the requests for budgetary reasons. You can purchase one at a variety of vendors, including Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Intel-Galileo-Board-Single-GALILEO2/dp/B00MF753JY/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1418933634&sr=1-1&keywords=galileo+gen+2)

-Brian

Azius Developer Training www.azius.com Windows device driver, internals, security, & forensics training and consulting. Blog at www.azius.com/blog

• Marked as answer by Brian Catlin Thursday, December 18, 2014 8:14 PM
    Thursday, December 18, 2014 8:14 PM
  • Brazil also has this problem?

Ubirajara Rodrigues de Barros

Monday, February 2, 2015 7:39 PM
  • Strangely there are a number of countries that it is difficult to ship to, even if the item is free or a gift. I can't give you a specific list but if you live in one of these countries and work in technology I suspect you have run into outrageous import duties that are multiple times the cost of the item that is being shipped.

For example, I have relatives in Spain.  I sent them Christmas gifts that included photos, a sweater and some warm boots from Canada.  They wanted 3 times the cost of the boots to release them from customs but the tariff was not for the boots! I did not have a value for the photos so they decided at a value and charged the fee based on that number they dreamed up.  My Aunt had to threaten to get a lawyer or a newspaper involved for them to release the goods at a reasonable cost. Feliz Nadvidad!

Tuesday, February 3, 2015 1:26 AM