Publishing author's name (my name) either changes or disappears on server side RRS feed

• Question

• Really strange. If I upload using FTP, my name does not appear at all on the server side under 'Author'. If I upload using FPSE , it changes to 'Product/Myusername', where 'MyUsername' corresponds to my username with the webhost. Representatives from the web host have no idea. They blame the program (Expression Web 4).

Any ideas?

Friday, August 27, 2010 3:44 AM

Answers

• The Author column is populated from meta files in the  _vti_cnf folders - these are only available on disc based webs where meta data is enabled, or server based webs running under the FrontPage extensions.

Ron Symonds
    Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp
    Friday, August 27, 2010 8:12 AM

All replies

• I have no idea what you are talking about, so, no I have no idea.  You might try again without the assumption that we can see your website or whatever else you are describing.

Friday, August 27, 2010 4:06 AM
  • I am talking about the two panels displaying folders in my website (left side) and displaying the folders on the server (right) when soon after connecting with the webhost server. (Folder name, status, date modified, author, type and size of folder appear on both sides). I hope this is clear enough.
    Friday, August 27, 2010 4:17 AM
  • OK, I think I know what you are saying now.

Author doesn't show up for me in the right side either with FTP.  But ...  What does it matter? I suspect this is only a FPSE thing (if you see it then).

Friday, August 27, 2010 6:56 AM
  • The Author column is populated from meta files in the  _vti_cnf folders - these are only available on disc based webs where meta data is enabled, or server based webs running under the FrontPage extensions.

Ron Symonds
    Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp
    Friday, August 27, 2010 8:12 AM