Localization in Dot Net (Windows Application) RRS feed

• Question

• User312496708 posted
    Hi I have been working on a windows application. Now I want to Internationalize the application. I want to add a new languages (Chienese). For this purpose I have created the resource file. My question is how do I type the chinese words in the resource file. I have tried and failed to either copy or write anything the resource file(in chinese) in Visual Studio IDE. If any one knows about it please tell me Thanks Vikram
    Wednesday, December 20, 2006 7:57 AM

Answers

• User-503940700 posted

Hi Vikram,

You need to use Input Method Editors (IMEs) to enter specific locale characters. Or you can do what I did in this article:

http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/localization.asp

I used Hindi- Unicode website which gave me unicode characters for each hindi character. Then you can feed these unicode characters in the resx files.

Hope this helps,

Vivek

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, December 28, 2006 12:33 PM

All replies

• User-837620913 posted
    The forums for this site are for ASP.NET, the web development technology part of the .NET Framework.  For Windows applications, check out the Windows Forms forums on MSDN Forums.
    Wednesday, December 20, 2006 9:21 AM
  • User312496708 posted

Hi

This is a question related to Visual Studio IDE and not Windows application. My question is how do I type the Chinese letter in the resource file in the visual studio IDE.

Thanks
    Vikram

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 11:18 PM
  • User-503940700 posted

Hi Vikram,

You need to use Input Method Editors (IMEs) to enter specific locale characters. Or you can do what I did in this article:

http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/localization.asp

I used Hindi- Unicode website which gave me unicode characters for each hindi character. Then you can feed these unicode characters in the resx files.

Hope this helps,

Vivek

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, December 28, 2006 12:33 PM