not getting a prompt for user and password? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there.  I am a new user to expression web 4.   I had the old version of expression web and have used it successfully to update my website for over 3 years.  recently, I lost everything on the old computer I had been using for the past 6 years and am starting over.  I purchased the newest version of the software called expression studio 4 web professional.  when I try to open the site, it will not give me a prompt to enter the user ID and password.  it instead comes back with a message : "the server returned an invalid response.  please try again.  If the problem persists, please contact your server administrator. 

I sent a message to the friend that I share the domain with and he received an answer from them about the error message above.   the webhost answered with : "As far as I'm aware expression web uses normal FTP to connect and alter files/sites, can you please provide the user name they log in with so we can check if they are having any issues with FTP".   My friend then asked if i could send the info they asked for about my website which i did and he responded with: "they are saying that they can see where you were connecting via FTP successfully in the past and are not seeing anything recently.  Not even seeing any failures."

My friend's thought is : "This would make it sound like a configuration issue on your end.
    I wish I knew expression and I might be able to help but I just don't.
    Can you try to find the options for setting up the server/user/password and screenshot it?"

I do not know my way around computers very well.  I can and will follow directions and try just about anything that someone may think could be causing my failure to connect to my website. 

thank you all in advance for any instruction!

Friday, April 15, 2011 2:53 AM

All replies

• You've already asked this and it's been answered in another thread.

Never creat duplicate threads. It's rude, pushes other topics off the page, and makes it impossible to follow answers that may be posted on different versions.

Deep down, I'm real shallow.
    Friday, April 15, 2011 2:59 AM