none
Too Many Requests error started on 2/16/17 RRS feed

• Question

• We have been using the REST Locations API for a long time, making a few thousand requests per month. Suddenly today we are seeing constant "The remote server returned an error: (429) Too Many Requests". Any ideas?

Thursday, February 16, 2017 9:05 PM

Answers

• Basic accounts are limited to 5 queries per second. This is noted in the terms of use. It is highly likely that is what is causing your issue. If you make more than 5 queries in a second, you will get this error.

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

Tuesday, February 20, 2018 4:27 PM
  • There was a known issue that lasted a day or two which was limited to internal Microsoft accounts. these are often used within Microsoft products.

Wednesday, March 8, 2017 4:05 AM

All replies

• can you check and see if you are using a basic key, and if so, if your account has generated more than 125,000 transactions in a year.

Friday, February 17, 2017 3:46 AM
  • I had the same issue around the same time. We were well under the transaction limit. I am guessing it was an error on Microsoft's part, as now it is working.
    Tuesday, March 7, 2017 6:32 PM
  • There was a known issue that lasted a day or two which was limited to internal Microsoft accounts. these are often used within Microsoft products.

Wednesday, March 8, 2017 4:05 AM
  • It seems to be happening again. This time I am using a public API and I know I have not generated more than 125,000 requests.

Kevin Burton

Saturday, February 17, 2018 9:42 AM
  • Basic accounts are limited to 5 queries per second. This is noted in the terms of use. It is highly likely that is what is causing your issue. If you make more than 5 queries in a second, you will get this error.

Tuesday, February 20, 2018 4:27 PM