none
.net framework unable to install RRS feed

• Question

• Okay I've had absolute ____ with this program and if another program I used didnt require it I wouldnt bother with it because its not worth this hassle. I finally get 3.5 to downloaded after 4 days  which I was getting the same error for as I am now with that and I have no idea how I fixed it. I am not computer savvy in the least, so please assume I know nothing. Anyway thats not good enough need 4.0 .The error is I download the setup for .net framework 4.0 it lingers at about 5-10% approx and stays there the temp log says "A connection with the server could not be established"  And there in lies the problem since I am able to post this I'm clearly able to connect to something but not the microsoft download server. The os is vista and yes before its said I am running it as administrator. Any help/ideas on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Saturday, August 21, 2010 6:38 PM

All replies

• Hi Amuneta,

What is the size of the setup you had downloaded? As the setup for the express edition needs internet connection to download the components so Please Check your internent connection.

Regards, tnvbalaji http://in.linkedin.com/in/tnvbalaji
    Sunday, August 22, 2010 7:35 AM
  • so Please Check your internent connection.

Regards, tnvbalaji http://in.linkedin.com/in/tnvbalaji
    The internet connection is not the issue seeing as I'm able to connect and post here....Anyway in answer to your valid inquary 869 kb is what its listing as.
    Monday, August 23, 2010 4:47 AM
  • Hi Amuneta,

Thank you for your post.

Some clarification with you

Have you installed .net framework 3.5 online?

If yes, I would recommend that could you please download .net framework 3.5 sp1 FULL from Microsoft?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=d0e5dea7-ac26-4ad7-b68c-fe5076bba986

After it have been download, please extract from it on your local.

Then, please run .net framework 3.5 sp1 installer again.

If you have any issues during installation, please clarify some errors information on your reply or upload your installation log files via Skydrive.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards

Larcolais Gong

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Monday, August 23, 2010 7:59 AM
  • Hi Amuneta,

I'm writing to follow-up this post. Do the above suggestions help you solve your concerns?

I'm marking this post as Answered. If you have any issues or findings, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards

Larcolais Gong

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Friday, August 27, 2010 2:19 AM
  • I tried downloading 3.5 that wont install either it for some reason will download the installer but then the installer wants to download stuff and thats where we hit the brick wall that I'm still banging my head against. And before I get the same question Yes I am connected to the internet, because you know I cant get enough of that same question.
    Sunday, August 29, 2010 12:23 AM
  • Hi Amuneta,

Glad to see your feedback!

Some clarification with you

What is your OS?

Could you please provide some error log files with me in your reply via Skydrive?

As your concern, I have reproduced this scenario on my machine.

When you install .net framework 3.5, the first step it will download some installation components from Microsoft via Internet.

When I attempted to disable internet, the installation was failed on my machine.

In %temp% log file, I found some errors as follows.

[08/29/10,11:19:00] setup.exe: [2] ISetupComponent::Pre/Post/Install() failed in ISetupManager::InternalInstallManager() with HRESULT -2147467260.

[08/29/10,11:19:00] setup.exe: [2] CSetupManager::RunInstallPhase() - Call to Pre/Install/Post for InstallComponents failed

At first, please check whether internet is connected or not.

Then, please uninstall framework versions via Add/Remove Program.

The third step, please re-install framewrok 3.5 SP1 Full.

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 service pack 1 is a cumulative update that contains many new features building incrementally upon .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, and includes .NET Framework 2.0 service pack 2 and .NET Framework 3.0 service pack 2 cumulative updates.

See: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=d0e5dea7-ac26-4ad7-b68c-fe5076bba986

for more information.

I would recomment that you could upload your installation log files in your reply via Skydrive.

More details information could help us solve and anylsis your issue better.

Best Regards

Larcolais Gong

• Marked as answer by Larcolais Gong Monday, September 6, 2010 1:15 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Amuneta Monday, September 6, 2010 9:57 AM
    Sunday, August 29, 2010 4:44 AM
  • Hi Amuneta,

I'm  writing to follow-up this post.

Do the above suggestions help you solve your concerns?

Best Regards

Larcolais Gong

Monday, August 30, 2010 3:33 AM
  • Umm if I knew what the ____ you were talking about in your "suggetions" maybe it would be but as it stands I dont speak geek so as I said in the post I am connected to the internet and assume I know nothing besides that, but thanks for marking it as answered when you didnt and and the os is vista.
    Monday, September 6, 2010 9:57 AM