How can I remove or change the condition text in a flow chart? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to use the FlowChart model of workflow authoring, because it more naturally (compared with the sequential model) fits the needs of my user base.  I would also like to not use VB for expressions, at least not from an end user (workflow author) perspective.  I've entered a bug report asking to avoid the VB hint text, but that report has been marked as postponed, to be resolved after RTM.

I've found workarounds for avoiding the VB hint text in most cases, but then I've discovered another place where the VB expressions surface themselves to the workflow author (my end user).  The conditions on FlowDecision and FlowSwitch activity designer/items appear either as tooltips or can appear directly on the FlowChart designer.  The tooltip and pinned expressions are both neat features, except they appear as VB text and this is something that doesn't make sense for my users, because they are intentionally not otherwise exposed to the VB in the expressions.

My question then is, can I completely remove (both the tooltip & pinned) expression text related to conditions?  Or alternatively, is there a way I can intercept this condition display and replace it with something more suitable to my users?

Thanks,
    Notre
    Friday, January 8, 2010 10:14 PM

Answers

• Notre,

I don’t think we support doing this right now in flowchart. One way you can workaround is to replace default FlowDecision/FlowSwitch designer with your own, but you need to write some code to deal with things like create links.

thanks,
    Anders

This posting is provided "AS IS" and confers no rights or warranties.
    • Proposed as answer by Anders Liu - MSFT Monday, January 11, 2010 6:31 AM
    • Marked as answer by Notre Monday, January 11, 2010 5:11 PM
    Monday, January 11, 2010 6:26 AM