Workflow? RRS feed

• Question

• Im not sure where to post this.

What is workflow?

Im not sure about the term.

I have worked with something called workflow, which executes from sql and generates a text file.

The text file contains field names with values. These field names come from a application. And this text files records the fields which have been modified by the application. In other words, the text file logs the activity that happens in the application. This was the general idea.

Is this called workflow or is this something else?

Thanks.

pyram

• Moved by Reed Copsey, JrMVP Thursday, August 2, 2012 7:55 PM Moved to WF forum (From:Visual C# Language)
    Monday, June 18, 2012 2:41 AM

Answers

• Hi Pyram,

Check out Workflow in Wiki:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Workflow

The one you mentioned is a kind of workflow.

Catherine Sea
    Version Control Software | TFS Hosting Service

• Marked as answer by pyram07 Tuesday, June 19, 2012 1:00 PM
    Monday, June 18, 2012 3:29 AM
  • [Why this thread is reported as abusive?]

Workflow means how the data flows from one end to another. For example, in a database application, a simple workflow can be like

Click the button 'Getdata' -> Call the required stored procedure -> Get all rows into DataTable -> Apply Filter -> Sort the data -> Display in DataGrid.

I hope this helps.

Please mark this post as answer if it solved your problem. Happy Programming!

Monday, June 18, 2012 5:48 AM
  • I think you are asking about WWF.

Mark Answered, if it solves your question and Vote if you found it helpful.
    Rohit Arora

Monday, June 18, 2012 7:27 AM
  • Workflow is a term used to describe the tasks, procedural steps, organizations or people involved, required input and output information, and tools needed for each step in a business process. A workflow approach to analyzing and managing a business process can be combined with an object-oriented programming approach. 

The Windows Workflow Foundation forums http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/wfprerelease/threads is the better place for such questions

With Thanks and Regards
    Sambath Raj.C
    click "Proposed As Answer by" if this post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if a post has been useful to you
    Happy Programming!

Monday, June 18, 2012 9:24 AM

All replies

• Hi Pyram,

Check out Workflow in Wiki:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Workflow

The one you mentioned is a kind of workflow.

Catherine Sea
    Version Control Software | TFS Hosting Service

Monday, June 18, 2012 3:29 AM
  • [Why this thread is reported as abusive?]

Workflow means how the data flows from one end to another. For example, in a database application, a simple workflow can be like

Click the button 'Getdata' -> Call the required stored procedure -> Get all rows into DataTable -> Apply Filter -> Sort the data -> Display in DataGrid.

I hope this helps.

Please mark this post as answer if it solved your problem. Happy Programming!

Monday, June 18, 2012 5:48 AM
  • I think you are asking about WWF.

Mark Answered, if it solves your question and Vote if you found it helpful.
    Rohit Arora

Monday, June 18, 2012 7:27 AM
  • Workflow is a term used to describe the tasks, procedural steps, organizations or people involved, required input and output information, and tools needed for each step in a business process. A workflow approach to analyzing and managing a business process can be combined with an object-oriented programming approach. 

The Windows Workflow Foundation forums http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/wfprerelease/threads is the better place for such questions

With Thanks and Regards
    Sambath Raj.C
    click "Proposed As Answer by" if this post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if a post has been useful to you
    Happy Programming!

Monday, June 18, 2012 9:24 AM
  • Thank you all for the replies.

My question is not abusive. It's just posted in the wrong forum, because I didn't knew where to post it.

pyram

• Edited by pyram07 Tuesday, June 19, 2012 1:12 PM
    Tuesday, June 19, 2012 1:11 PM