No foreign keys found RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm making a report solution using a report model.
    So, I have to create a connection, a data source view and the report model itself.
    Now, when I'm creating the DSV, I first have to select a connection that I created in the first step.
    The weird thing is that when I select a connection and press 'next', the wizard tells me that no foreign keys could be found.
    That is very strange because the database is full of primary and foreign keys!
    If you then continue on there are indeed no relations added to the view.

I already fixed that problem by creating a second connection and setting it to use windows authentication.
    When I use that connection there is no problem at all.
    So for now I fixed it, but someday in the future I might not be able to use windows authentication.
    Does anybody know the source for this problem?
    Does a SQL Server account need certain rights to locate foreign keys or something?

Thanks for any help
    Stefan

Friday, January 29, 2010 11:04 AM

Answers

• Hi Stefan,

You can tick the "save my password" checkbox to avoid the warning "No foreign keys were found" when you create the datasource and edit its credential.

thanks,
    Jerry
    • Marked as answer by Stefan_A Monday, February 1, 2010 8:14 AM
    Monday, February 1, 2010 7:03 AM

All replies

• Hi Stefan,

You can tick the "save my password" checkbox to avoid the warning "No foreign keys were found" when you create the datasource and edit its credential.

thanks,
    Jerry
    • Marked as answer by Stefan_A Monday, February 1, 2010 8:14 AM
    Monday, February 1, 2010 7:03 AM
  • That's it, it works!
    Thank you Jerry, for helping me.

I have to admit I don't see why not saving a password allows me to list tables but not foreign keys.
    But at least it works now.
    Thanks again.

Kind regards,
    Stefan
    Monday, February 1, 2010 8:20 AM