none
WebSocket4Net. This product did not download successfully: HTTP status 407: Proxy authentication required. RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to install Visual Studio 2015 on Windows 7, but I get the following error:

Setup Completed.

However not all features installed correctly.

WebSocket4Net.

This product did not download successfully: HTTP status 407: Proxy authentication required.

I suppose this happens because I am on a corporate network behind a firewall. Is it not possible to install Visual Studio 2015 offline?

Friday, February 3, 2017 7:47 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

>>This product did not download successfully: HTTP status 407: Proxy authentication required

About the issue, please refer to here:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn771556.aspx

To create an offline installation, you could use /layout command for the offline installation of visual studio professional 2015 on another pc which has normal network connection.

It allows you to download the full set of files to a local folder, and this folder has all the necessary files for offline installation.
    1. Run the following command at a command prompt: <executable name> /layout.
    This command downloads all the packages for the installation.
    2. After you run the command, you should be prompted for the download location. Enter the location, and then choose Download.
    3. When the package download is successful, all specified components have been acquired successfully.
    In the file location that you specified, find the executable file and the package folder. This is everything you need to copy to a shared location or install media.
    You can now run the installation from the file location or the install media.

Reference link:https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt706497.aspx

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 6, 2017 2:09 AM